I test drove a JL today, and...

Tanktitan

This morning my Jeep dealer in Franklin Tennessee got its first shipment of JL‘s. My salesman and I immediately jumped in the first one off the truck, a 4 door Sport, and took it for a test drive. I am impressed. We have all seen the pictures, and it is of course as described.

This is my take. The feel is dramatically improved. The 3.6 is a lot quicker off the start. The 8 speed and stock diff gearing has provided an exceptionally improved response. Punching it, I got it quickly to 75 and was blown away by its stability and handling at speed. It felt like something else. I love my JK and am fine with everything about it as I have it “about” where I want it, but I would have loved to have started with this.

Under the hood a lot has been moved. It will be a challenge to get things like an ARB dual compressor located. There are little changes though out, but subtle enough to keep it a jeep. The front is certainly rounder. The windshield has a curve and is no longer flat. Modifying one may take a while due to differences.

As I said, after driving it, I am impressed.

IMG_4107.jpg IMG_4108.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Exodus 4x4

This morning my Jeep dealer in Franklin Tennessee got its first shipment of JL‘s. My salesman and I immediately jumped in the first one off the truck, a 4 door Sport, and took it for a test drive. I am impressed. We have all seen the pictures, and it is of course as described.

This is my take. The feel is dramatically improved. The 3.6 is a lot quicker off the start. The 8 speed and stock diff gearing has provided an exceptionally improved response. Punching it, I got it quickly to 75 and was blown away by its stability and handling at speed. It felt like something else. I love my JK and am fine with everything about it as I have it “about” where I want it, but I would have loved to have started with this.

Under the hood a lot has been moved. It will be a challenge to get things like an ARB dual compressor located. There are little changes though out, but subtle enough to keep it a jeep. The front is certainly rounder. The windshield has a curve and is no longer flat. Modifying one may take a while due to differences.

As I said, after driving it, I am impressed.

View attachment 289815 View attachment 289816

That engine bay gives me anxiety.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
That engine bay gives me anxiety.

At some point, if you want to run accessories it will be easier to just run a breaker and some 4 gauge into the cab. Hell, I don’t really use my glove box and have considered putting an auxiliary box in it.

Exodus 4x4

At some point, if you want to run accessories it will be easier to just run a breaker and some 4 gauge into the cab. Hell, I don’t really use my glove box and have considered putting an auxiliary box in it.

No doubt, but I was thinking about simple maintenance and engine performance mods. I also don’t foresee any LS engines finding their way in there soon, if ever. Maybe I’m wrong though and someone will figure it out sooner than I expect.

Tanktitan

Interesting you said that about the glove box. I consolidated several electronics on one switch block just under the glove box with one line to my sPod (sorry). There is a shelf under there that works really well and you keep the glove box.

IMG_4012.jpg

One of my connections was to a 2.4 amp USB I mounted into the dash. I needed 2.4 to run an iPad with a Retina display. It would not charge and run on a 2.1A.

IMG_3976.jpg

IMG_3977.jpg

Thanks OP for the share, good idea to just "test drive one". Nothing like seat of the pants behind thr wheel.

I see the coolant bottle has changed location, container type, and you can actually SEE the color.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using WAYALIFE mobile app

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
No doubt, but I was thinking about simple maintenance and engine performance mods. I also don’t foresee any LS engines finding their way in there soon, if ever. Maybe I’m wrong though and someone will figure it out sooner than I expect.

They'll have to figure out how to get computers to talk. As complicated as it looks there is actually more room in the engine bay so it should fit even easier.

I bet you see Hemis in them within a few months though. I already know two folks that have everything almost ready, just waiting on their vehicles to finalize it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Or just order the aux switch option. There are power feeds for the switches in the cab already on the passenger side under glove box. Plus there are constant 12v and ignition 12v feeds too.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom