Maxxis Trepador Competition Stickies and Cold Outside Temperatures

labjr1

I just ordered a set of 40" Trep Competition Stickies today and afterwards found a warning that is concerning to me. Maxxis says to not drive or transport their sticky tires in temperatures less than 32 degrees. Since I wheel in Tennessee in winter and spend time in Colorado and Utah in the fall and spring I will often be in temperatures below 32 degrees. This seems like a huge issue to me. Have others running Trep stickies dealt with temps below 32 degrees?

"important: For Cold Weather Storage (short-term or extended):
When the Maxxis competition tires are exposed to temperatures below 32ºF (0ºC), the unique racing rubber compounds used in these tires will lose their flexibility. This loss in flexibility can lead to potential cracking and other damage to the tire.

Do not move or operate the car with these tires mounted on the vehicle if conditions are below 32ºF (0ºC). Always store these tires indoors and at temperatures above 32ºF (0ºC). Avoid transporting and handling these tires in conditions below 32°F (0°C). Do not mount or dismount these tires when the surrounding work area temperature is under 50ºF (10ºC). Before mounting or dismounting, store these tires indoors for at least 24 hours in a temperature-controlled area of 68ºF (20ºC) or warmer. Remove these tires from the vehicle and deflate to half the normal air pressure during prolonged periods of non-use or storage.

JKbrick

I just ordered a set of 40" Trep Competition Stickies today and afterwards found a warning that is concerning to me. Maxxis says to not drive or transport their sticky tires in temperatures less than 32 degrees. Since I wheel in Tennessee in winter and spend time in Colorado and Utah in the fall and spring I will often be in temperatures below 32 degrees. This seems like a huge issue to me. Have others running Trep stickies dealt with temps below 32 degrees?

"important: For Cold Weather Storage (short-term or extended):
When the Maxxis competition tires are exposed to temperatures below 32ºF (0ºC), the unique racing rubber compounds used in these tires will lose their flexibility. This loss in flexibility can lead to potential cracking and other damage to the tire.

Do not move or operate the car with these tires mounted on the vehicle if conditions are below 32ºF (0ºC). Always store these tires indoors and at temperatures above 32ºF (0ºC). Avoid transporting and handling these tires in conditions below 32°F (0°C). Do not mount or dismount these tires when the surrounding work area temperature is under 50ºF (10ºC). Before mounting or dismounting, store these tires indoors for at least 24 hours in a temperature-controlled area of 68ºF (20ºC) or warmer. Remove these tires from the vehicle and deflate to half the normal air pressure during prolonged periods of non-use or storage.

I think I’d cancel that order if it was me

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

If they say not to even ship them in low temperatures I cant imagine what would happen driving on them. Thats not just a bias ply tire in the winter disclaimer, thats the rubber will break the hell off and toss you into a tree upside down disclaimer.

Ddays

Hooked
LOL, driving on those bias ply tires in the Winter would be like driving the Fred Flintstonemobile :crazyeyes:

metalic

I run a different brand stickies and wheeled new years in sub zero temps without issue. I don't know anyone personally that runs sticky treps to help you out

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom