Back up Camera

Is there anyway to install a backup camera that will go through my factory navigation unit and not have to pay hundreds of dollars to get the program flashed on by a dealership? If there isn’t a way, what’s the best way to do it so it looks clean and is very functional?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
Is there anyway to install a backup camera that will go through my factory navigation unit and not have to pay hundreds of dollars to get the program flashed on by a dealership? If there isn’t a way, what’s the best way to do it so it looks clean and is very functional?

Call around to different dealerships. I got my XAC flash for $43.

TheGrendel

I want a backup camera but I still can't figure out which ones or system actually works with the manual. It's easy if you have an auto.

TJ2JK

I got a cheap ($15) backup video camera off Amazon. Ran the video line up to the back of the NAV unit. Found out which connector and pins were for the video-In signal, and connected it. Then, back at rear where I mounted the camera in my rear bumper (drilled a hole), I wired the power lead (+) to the positive of the back-up light in one of the rear tail lights, and connected the (-) to a good ground.
Then, a trip to my Jeep dealer to get them to enable it, cost me $60 (they do this frequently for their Jeep customers). All in, $75 not counting my time (about 2 Hrs).
Hope this helps.

I got a cheap ($15) backup video camera off Amazon. Ran the video line up to the back of the NAV unit. Found out which connector and pins were for the video-In signal, and connected it. Then, back at rear where I mounted the camera in my rear bumper (drilled a hole), I wired the power lead (+) to the positive of the back-up light in one of the rear tail lights, and connected the (-) to a good ground.
Then, a trip to my Jeep dealer to get them to enable it, cost me $60 (they do this frequently for their Jeep customers). All in, $75 not counting my time (about 2 Hrs).
Hope this helps.

It definitely helps, I’ll be asking around in the next week to find the cheapest price, I’ll let you guys know what I figure out!

Hope this helps.

Oh also, is there anyway you happened to take any pics of the install?

USMMA11NC

Caught the Bug
Exactly, my dealership said they would do it for free if I got an oil change or charge me $75 if I did it as a standalone.

I think my dealership charged me roughly $50. Not a bad gig. I followed ERAU's writeup that he had in his build thread. Pretty easy install.

CrazyTrainJK

Caught the Bug
I installed one on my 430 radio. Bought the camera, RCA cable and connector off Amazon for around$30 and my dealership charged me 30 minutes labor to flash the computer.
618mXQBLggL._SL1000_.jpg
61yPk1RfmNL._SL1000_.jpg
IMG_3952.jpg

Top Bottom