ESC kill switch question

Ddays

Hooked
Anyone make a esc kill switch on a 2017? If so everything work the same as the older models

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Why are you trying to kill it totally? Having specific issues? There is a way to do it but really if it comes down to that something is really wrong and it needs fixed. :twocents:

Deankxf

Why are you trying to kill it totally? Having specific issues? There is a way to do it but really if it comes down to that something is really wrong and it needs fixed. :twocents:

I like drifting in the snow, and I hate that I can’t in 2wd, also because on some corners it looks the front wheels up

wjtstudios

Hooked
I wired one in for playing in the dunes. ABS and ESP are totally useless there and it does allow you to put more power to the wheels with out the computer getting in the way. Burnouts are a nice little treat though.

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
I just bought a Superchips Flashpaq and hoping that it can turn this off otherwise I'm going to have to wire up a switch to do so because this is a huge pain in the ass sometimes when you're in mud in 4 Hi

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
It's a royal pain in the ass.... As I said if my Flashpaq doesn't fix it that I'm doing this switch! I know with the flashback you can Engage The Lockers in 4 high but that doesn't do you any good if all of this other crap prevents you from going

jknikos

I don't mind not being able to turn esp completely off in 2wd, but in 4hi I would be glad if I could. So I got upset and while in 4hi and not moving I pushed the esp off button for 5seconds and additionally to the yellow light in the dash I got the beep and the esp off message appeared in the display. It appears to be completely off this way.My is an 09 jk sport.

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
I don't mind not being able to turn esp completely off in 2wd, but in 4hi I would be glad if I could. So I got upset and while in 4hi and not moving I pushed the esp off button for 5seconds and additionally to the yellow light in the dash I got the beep and the esp off message appeared in the display. It appears to be completely off this way.My is an 09 jk sport.
I have heard about this.. I'm going to have to try it

Caffine_Addict

I'll be doing this tomorrow on my '17! Keep you updated if you havent done the mod yet lol

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug

This works even on new ones. In 4 hi push and hold esc off for 5 sec and it disables.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Creepy Neville

One of the first mods I did on my 2016 JK - works like a charm !

This is a ‘must have’ mod if you are changing tire size, lifting, regearing, or just an avid wheeler.

Here’s my happy button - just in front of the shifter ....

Attachments

• 50FFF00E-1168-4FCE-BED3-C8506038BD83.jpg
    50FFF00E-1168-4FCE-BED3-C8506038BD83.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

TrailHunter

Hooked
I’ve been reading up on this “fun switch” for my 17JKUR and it looks like something I need.... I’m heading out to Glamis Sand Dunes in a week and I need all the help I can get keeping up with my buddies in their sand rails and XJ’s..... I feel confident about wiring the switch, but for the time being do you think I can just pull the J6 Fuse for the weekend? Or was the J6 Fuse trick only for earlier models? And will pulling the fuse do the same thing as the switch? Thx

Top Bottom