Found a JLU Rubi for sale!

Stopped by my local dealer that just got a new JL in! The one they have is a silver JLU Rubicon. I really dig the JL! I got to go for a ride in it as well. The new 8 spd transmission is very smooth and so is the stop start system. I was very impressed. Here are some of the photos I got:

IMG_0912.jpg
IMG_0913.jpg
IMG_0914.jpg
IMG_0915.jpg

Here’s the new key fob. Has the push button start but the fob also has a flip out key just in case the battery dies.
IMG_0916.jpg

Here’s the transfer case selector in 4 low as well as the display for the 4wd on the dashboard:

IMG_0919.jpg
IMG_0917.jpg

This thing has some serious back seat room! I’m 5’11” and the front seat is in a comfortable driving position for me. I also love that they added the rear seat air vents and dual USB plugs. I found out that the rear seat only has a fold down armrest if you get leather.

IMG_0920.jpg

IMG_0921.jpg

Here are a couple shots under the hood of the updated 3.6l Pentastar engine. Still has the reversed alternator.

IMG_0922.jpg
IMG_0923.jpg

Here are the auxiliary wires that are wired up to the auxiliary switches for whatever you would like to add! They are neatly tucked up inside the passenger footwell and are easily accessible.

IMG_0924.jpg

And here is the sticker. This is a JLU Rubicon with cloth interior and no integrated navigation. It does have android auto and apple carplay though.

IMG_0926.jpg

Overall I am very impressed with the JL in general!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

THBLKPRL

I thought the rubicon came with the metal bumpers? Must be an option. Silver looks awesome though

Here in Canada it's an option. $1250~ for the "steel bumper group".

I've taken a JLU Sahara for a spin so far, and was very impressed. The steering is way better. The ride was very good as well. Almost as good as any IFS suv... but it was a Sahara. I have to go back for the Rubi test drive.

There isn't even a build and price on the website yet in the great white north. The dealers don't even know the option package details yet...

I like the little dead plug in the trunk for the wiper hose/wiper electrics when you take the roof off.

zeelichsheng

That's some steep price hike compared to the base JKUR. I know I am waiting for 5 years before I can upgrade from my JKU. But I can't image what a JKUR (or maybe a JKR?) would cost then.

Top Bottom