VIDEO : JL JOURNAL - First Look Behind the Fenders

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For those of you who’ve been wondering what lies just behind the fender liners of an all new Jeep JL Wrangler, this short video will give you a quick glimpse of what you can expect to see. Among other things, you'll get to see the new front shock towers that use through bolts instead of studs, the new aluminum steering box, electric power-steering pump which is also a part of the auto start/stop system, the new and safer location of the EVAP canister and outboard rear shock mounts.

JL JOURNAL is a WAYALIFE Production with a focus on the all new Jeep JL Wrangler. This YouTube video series will highlight the build process of our JL as well as all the adventures both small and big that it takes us on. We hope that you follow us along on our journey.

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
Just watched it....very interesting some of the changes. In a good way and maybe not so good. But I'm sure someone will figure out what can be done! Thank you 👍

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Interested to see if that harness gets in the way. Also do you think the evap will be in the way now as well? The location is good but has me worried for tire tuck

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just watched it....very interesting some of the changes. In a good way and maybe not so good. But I'm sure someone will figure out what can be done! Thank you 👍

Glad you liked the video. We hope to do a lot more of these especially once we get our JL :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Interested to see if that harness gets in the way. Also do you think the evap will be in the way now as well? The location is good but has me worried for tire tuck

The wiring harness on the passenger side rear fender well has me a little concerned if only because of the amount of hacking I've had to do on our JK's to keep a low center of gravity while running 40's. Granted, the fender openings on the JL are bigger than the JK so it might all be a non-issue.

JeepFan

Hooked
Great video journal! Very interesting changes! Maybe there will be an aftermarket shield designed to protect the wire harness?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great video journal! Very interesting changes! Maybe there will be an aftermarket shield designed to protect the wire harness?

I'm kinda hoping that there won't be a need to remove the fender liner. That would take care of that :yup:

Is that JL Dynatrac just got [emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]
That Evap canister was relocated the right way it seems but we shall see

As a matter of fact, yes it is Dynatrac's JL. They were kind enough to send us this footage so that we could make something of it. :yup:

Great video[emoji106] wondering how that harness and evap will do in the fender well

I think the EVAP is totally safe. Assuming the new bigger fender wells will clear 40's, I would think that the wiring harness should be fine. If trimming is required like the JK... well, I might have to figure out some kind of relocation of it. :crazyeyes:

RockingK

I hate the wait🙄

Do you have a delivery date? I want to build a 4 door from scratch instead of redoing someone else’s idea of a build and the quality and standards they have or not....
I’ll be following your build like a hawk and am probably more excited than you and Cindy....ok maybe not more.

Glad you liked the video. We hope to do a lot more of these especially once we get our JL :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I hate the wait🙄

Do you have a delivery date? I want to build a 4 door from scratch instead of redoing someone else’s idea of a build and the quality and standards they have or not....
I’ll be following your build like a hawk and am probably more excited than you and Cindy....ok maybe not more.

LOL!! No delivery date as of yet. All I know is that it has shipped. Best guess is that it'll be before the end of the month.

As far as builds go, I hope you know that we'll most likely go through multiple setups as we'll eagerly install whatever is available at the time :yup:

Merica!

Rubicon?

LOL!! No delivery date as of yet. All I know is that it has shipped. Best guess is that it'll be before the end of the month.

As far as builds go, I hope you know that we'll most likely go through multiple setups as we'll eagerly install whatever is available at the time :yup:

Are you getting a JLUR?

JAGS

Hooked

I'm kinda hoping that there won't be a need to remove the fender liner. That would take care of that :yup:

As a matter of fact, yes it is Dynatrac's JL. They were kind enough to send us this footage so that we could make something of it. :yup:

I think the EVAP is totally safe. Assuming the new bigger fender wells will clear 40's, I would think that the wiring harness should be fine. If trimming is required like the JK... well, I might have to figure out some kind of relocation of it. :crazyeyes:

Keeping the stock liners in the rear would certainly be different. Wonder if there won't be need to trim pinch seams?

jeeeep

Hooked
They weren't kidding that they've made better use of the available space.

What's the large cable to?

I like the new shock mounts, I can already hear my language cleaning up when swapping out shocks :thumb:

Top Bottom