Synthetic winch rope recommendations

TheGrendel

I picked up a used zeon platinum for a pretty crazy good price. Part of that good price was that the winch line really needs to be replaced soon.

What are you guys running?

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
I know Smittybilt gets a bad rap on here, and I can't say anything because I have their 12000 pound comp series winch. However.... I know they just recently came out with this winch rope which I believe is actually supposed to be better than the Warren spydura rope.....

Screenshot_20180116-205113.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Any opinions on dyneema?

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Dyneema is what all synthetic winch ropes are made from. Just different brands/ blends / coatings. UV fade and abrasion weakens the rope and some manufacturers have coatings to help these things. If you do some research you'll find the differences between brands, warn uses dyneema and some magic high molecular crap, amsteel is 100% pure dyneema. Ebay brand Tuff Stuff is like 80% dyneema etc. If you wash it after you get it gross and keep a cover over your winch they'll all last, even though even warn's site suggest replacing the rope every year.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Dyneema is what all synthetic winch ropes are made from. Just different brands/ blends / coatings. UV fade and abrasion weakens the rope and some manufacturers have coatings to help these things. If you do some research you'll find the differences between brands, warn uses dyneema and some magic high molecular crap, amsteel is 100% pure dyneema. Ebay brand Tuff Stuff is like 80% dyneema etc. If you wash it after you get it gross and keep a cover over your winch they'll all last, even though even warn's site suggest replacing the rope every year.
Replace every year? Fuck, I don't change my Christmas lights that often!

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
I've used the warn sypdura several times for three years now. Works well. I inspect it every year. I do cover it in the winter though.

JAGS

Hooked
I've been very happy with my masterpull line. If you time it right, price is in line with others for the same pull maximum.

Top Bottom