Decisions decisions......

EviLMonKey

Hey everyone! I’m new here and bought a 2017 Sahara last year that I’m getting ready to put a 2.5” lift in. I’m struggling with the tire size I would like. My commute to work is very long so I know I need to be a little bit practical but I also don’t want the tires to look too small. I need some ideas. I know 33s are probably the right answer but 35s look so much better. Torn.....

WJCO

Meme King
Just get the 35s, if you don't it will haunt you. Truthfully, 33s or 35s are going to get you about the same gas mileage. My wife's JKU has 33s and we both wish we had just gotten the 35s and been done with it.

RedRocker

Hey everyone! I’m new here and bought a 2017 Sahara last year that I’m getting ready to put a 2.5” lift in. I’m struggling with the tire size I would like. My commute to work is very long so I know I need to be a little bit practical but I also don’t want the tires to look too small. I need some ideas. I know 33s are probably the right answer but 35s look so much better. Torn.....
Split the difference and go with a BFG "35". I've yet to own a BFG KM2 or KO2 that is even close to the advertised diameter. They all run smaller. My current "37" KO2 are actually approx 35.50in in diameter.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

RedRocker

According to BFG which states that their tires can be +-3 percent of stated spec sizes and still be within accepted limits, their KO2 35x12.50x17 (spec 34.5in diameter) will probably be 33.465 in diameter (97 percent of the spec diameter).

Sent from my Pixel 2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Recon_Fam

But seriously, we r in the same boat. We went to a local tire store the other day to check out some option and we’re going go with 315-70-17’s which r just under 34.5”s. Additionally, 2.5” lift will be going on when spring arrives.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Some good advice given above. I did 33s on my first JKU, with a level kit then a 2.5" coil lift and stock un cut fenders. I waited three years to right my mistake. 315 17 17s on New JK...and I too have a long commute. So glad I did this.

Go 33s and every jeep you see with 35s at the stop light will haunt you.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using WAYALIFE mobile app

TheGrendel

i'm running the Yokohama Geolander M/T G003 now. horrible name i know. they are advertised as 35s but come in at a real world 33.5. i will say they are the best mud terrain tire i've run on the street. quiet and smooth. prior to this i had Goodyear MTRs on my 2 door that i hated. didn't balance, tracked poorly. the BFGs that come with Rubicon's also suck.

i haven't had a chance to run these through the rocks yet. so it remains to be seen if they hold up.

also take a look at the Cooper STT Pros 315/70r17.

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
Get 35... As stated you'll regret it and you're going to pretty much get identical gas mileage as 33's... But expect more of the regret if you don't go 35 LOL

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom