Rubicon vs altitude

BobNH

You can get leather with the Rubicon I imagine. Can you get f/r d44 with e lockers, sway bar disco, 4.10 gears and a 4:1 xfer in the Altitude?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

zimm

Caught the Bug
The "attitude" is a "sticker jeep". Limited edition with decals and trim upgrades. Rubicon is an actual model with the upgrades listed above. If you plan to actually off-road, the rubicon is worth it for the lockers, lower 4:1 low range, disconnecting sway bar, and heavier duty Dana 44 front axle. If it's a street jeep, doesn't really matter if the attitude is a lot cheaper. If you plan for 35" or larger tires, the dana 44 front axle will handle the stress better with the bigger differential gears.

If you're buying used, check the axle ratios. 3.21 is awful for larger tires. 3.73 or 4.10 is much preferred if you don't plan to re-gear it.

avstec

Above statement is right on the money. Rubicon has physical differences like lockers, pushbutton sway bar disconnect, better axles. Altitude only has cosmetic differences from other saharas

Sent from my Pixel using WAYALIFE mobile app

Dmac08JK

Thank you. I’m definitely going to re-gear and I’m gunna start with 35”. But I’m planning on getting 40” beds in the summer. Thanks for the re-gear tip. I’m going to be lookin for that. Thanks hopefully I’ll be in a new Jeep by next week. It suck not have a jeep right now.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jknikos

If your final goal is 40inch tires I would get the altitude (given is cheaper) cause you will need new axles anyway! The only downside is the 2.8:1 transfercase VS the 4:1 transfer case.

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
If your final goal is 40inch tires I would get the altitude (given is cheaper) cause you will need new axles anyway! The only downside is the 2.8:1 transfercase VS the 4:1 transfer case.
Transfer case is a pretty big part. I'd say go for the Rubicon because there will always be someone who will want the rubi take off axles if you end up upgrading while you won't get a pot of offers on the Sahara ones. Just my 2 cents

Sent from my PH-1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

TheGrendel

Transfer case is a pretty big part. I'd say go for the Rubicon because there will always be someone who will want the rubi take off axles if you end up upgrading while you won't get a pot of offers on the Sahara ones. Just my 2 cents

Sent from my PH-1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

this is true. but, i've also seen a lot of 4:1 cases out there for good prices. if a person is going through the trouble of replacing axles, a tcase swap isn't a big deal. it all depends on what a person wants upfront and how long they plan to stay stock or relatively stock.

Top Bottom