Jeep YJ vibrations after lift

brushfireboar

I just installed a 2 1/2 inch lift in my 94 YJ. I ended up getting 4 1/2 inches of lift on the front and An even 4 inches on the back. When I took it out for a test drive I noticed very heavy vibrations from the rear of the Jeep. I came home and dropped the transfer case 1 inch and this helped with the vibrations but it is still not drivable above 40 mph. I have gotten underneath the Jeep and inspected and can see that the yoke connecting to the driveshaft appears to be extended a little bit. I have not had an alignment yet and was thinking about disconnecting the rear drive shaft and then taking the rig for a spin in 4 high to see if the vibrations are still there

I was trying to avoid a Slip Yoke eliminator and new drive shaft. Does anyone have any ideas? I went with a smaller lift hoping to bypass this issue and now am thinking I should have gone balls out and gotten the 6 inch suspension with a 3 inch body lift :)

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jimi2b

Si votre kit dépasse les 4", vous devez rajouter un Slipe Yoke Eliminator, malgrè le rabaissement de la boite de vitesse,
Sinon body de 3" et kit de 3" maxi avec les cales (en biseau) d'inclinaison de pont avec rabaissement de la boite de vitesse, et là votre levier de vitesse perd 3" en hauteur et il faut découper de la tôle pour pouvoir passer la marche arrière.

If your kit exceeds 4 ", you must add a Slipe Yoke Eliminator, despite the lowering of the gearbox,
If not 3 "bodyshell and kit of 3" max with the wedges (bevel) of inclination of bridge with lowering of the gear box, and there your gear lever loses 3 "in height and it is necessary to cut sheet metal for be able to go backwards.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I just installed a 2 1/2 inch lift in my 94 YJ. I ended up getting 4 1/2 inches of lift on the front and An even 4 inches on the back. When I took it out for a test drive I noticed very heavy vibrations from the rear of the Jeep. I came home and dropped the transfer case 1 inch and this helped with the vibrations but it is still not drivable above 40 mph. I have gotten underneath the Jeep and inspected and can see that the yoke connecting to the driveshaft appears to be extended a little bit. I have not had an alignment yet and was thinking about disconnecting the rear drive shaft and then taking the rig for a spin in 4 high to see if the vibrations are still there

I was trying to avoid a Slip Yoke eliminator and new drive shaft. Does anyone have any ideas? I went with a smaller lift hoping to bypass this issue and now am thinking I should have gone balls out and gotten the 6 inch suspension with a 3 inch body lift :)

4.5" of lift is WAY TOO MUCH LIFT without running an SYE. You can try dropping your t-case more AND add a 1" motor mount but that's far from a fix and totally defeating of why you installed a lift to begin with.

kingdyj

You need to setup your pinion angle depending on what drive shaft you have Google it and you'll see the difference . They also make shims if you're not going to use a slip yoke Eliminator and new drive shaft do not point that pinion straight at that transfer case it's the wrong setup. For that type of drive shaft

Sent from my SM-G935P using WAYALIFE mobile app

kingdyj

Oh and another thing I'm assuming you took the drive shaft off when you put your lift kit on check that U-joint and make sure no needles came out and it seated properly to another thing you might want to check that transmission mount once you dropped your skid plate at could have broke it

Sent from my SM-G935P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom