Slabs or Chamber pros?

AKJ33pR

Can’t decide on Slabs or Chamber Pros. I would be running 37x12.5x17 Maxxis Razr MT’s and my concern is back spacing. Will either one have clearance problems on a 2015 JKU with 3.5” lift and a D44?

Ddays

Hooked
Can’t decide on Slabs or Chamber Pros. I would be running 37x12.5x17 Maxxis Razr MT’s and my concern is back spacing. Will either one have clearance problems on a 2015 JKU with 3.5” lift and a D44?

I vote Chamber Pros. I run 13.50 Coopers with and without spacers with no issues

2 wheels.jpg

adapters.jpg

Ddays

Hooked
Thanks Ddays. Just curious, why do you use spacers?

So I could bend a flange and then bitch about it? :idontknow:

Really, I was originally concerned I'd have rubbing issues with the 13.50's and also the Chamber Pro's are not hub-centric. I figured I'd kill both birds with one stone by throwing those spacers on.
I yanked them after bending a flange, I've been out several times since then and never had any rubbing issues so I never reinstalled them. Honestly, the bent flange probably wasn't their fault but they
could have contributed some - I tried wedging through a space Gruffs big ass was a tad too wide for. :rolleyes2:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
So I could bend a flange and then bitch about it? :idontknow:

Really, I was originally concerned I'd have rubbing issues with the 13.50's and also the Chamber Pro's are not hub-centric. I figured I'd kill both birds with one stone by throwing those spacers on.
I yanked them after bending a flange, I've been out several times since then and never had any rubbing issues so I never reinstalled them. Honestly, the bent flange probably wasn't their fault but they
could have contributed some - I tried wedging through a space Gruffs big ass was a tad too wide for. :rolleyes2:

Good thing you listened to me about the spacer AFTER you bent the flange ;) [emoji8]

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If you can get away with a bit more back spacing, I would go with the Chamber Pro II's if only because they look so much nicer :yup:

AKJ33pR

If you can get away with a bit more back spacing, I would go with the Chamber Pro II's if only because they look so much nicer :yup:

I'm leaning towards the Chamber Pros but wasn't sure if the backspacing would be an issue. Sounds like Ddays doesn't have any issues so probably going to go with CP II's instead of Slabs.:thumb:

Ddays

Hooked
Good thing you listened to me about the spacer AFTER you bent the flange ;) [emoji8]

Hahaha :bleh:

I'm leaning towards the Chamber Pros but wasn't sure if the backspacing would be an issue. Sounds like Ddays doesn't have any issues so probably going to go with CP II's instead of Slabs.:thumb:

AKJ - Cozdude runs Chamber Pros as well. Wayalife used to as well on Rubicat and still does on Moby :thumb:

TrailHunter

Hooked
I am debating between this 2 wheels as well... the Chambers have 4.06” backspacing and the Slabs 3.5”.... so is it safe to say that the Slabs stick out a 1/2” more which has less chance of hitting the frame at full turn.... but neither do so it doesn’t really matter?

Last edited:

AKJ33pR

I read in another thread that 4.00 backspace will not work with the EVO coil over kit. Not sure if this is true but I will be ordering from EVO and will ask when I place the order.

THX for the info.

Ddays

Hooked
I am debating between this 2 wheels as well... the Chambers have 4.06” backspacing and the Slabs 3.5”.... so is it safe to say that the Slabs stick out a 1/2” more which has more chance of hitting the frame at full turn.... but neither do so it doesn’t really matter?

I have never hit/rubbed anything with mine. (on the Jeep at least :rolleyes2:)

I read in another thread that 4.00 backspace will not work with the EVO coil over kit. Not sure if this is true but I will be ordering from EVO and will ask when I place the order.

THX for the info.

Cozdude has the bolt on coilovers and I've never seen his setup rub/hit anything. (on the Jeep at least :D)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

THX for the info.

Shouldn't be an issue with 12.50 wide tires. 13.50 might give you a bit of rubbing at a full flex and turn unless you're running full width axles.

dillard09

I'm going to be the first one to vote for the Slabs. I love both wheels but to me, Its the slabs. For a short period I ran stock Rubi axles and 37x12.50 Km2s and DTD. I rubbed pretty bad with flex and turning. I rubbed most of the stickers off my bypasses. I have since went pr44 with 1.25" adapter to match rear axle. So it's at around 68-68.5" width and I still rub at full flex and turning. This is all with the 3.5" BS slabs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Weebz

Caught the Bug
I just purchased slabs and am running 37x13.5 and have zero issues with rubbing. Haven’t seen a trail yet in the week they have been on so we shall see what happens when flexing.

Clutch

Caught the Bug
I am debating between this 2 wheels as well... the Chambers have 4.06” backspacing and the Slabs 3.5”.... so is it safe to say that the Slabs stick out a 1/2” more which has more chance of hitting the frame at full turn.... but neither do so it doesn’t really matter?

Wouldn’t having less back spacing mean the Slabs have less of a chance of hitting the frame?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom