Help! Giant clanking noise under jeep?

DanJK2007

I was driving to work today, and out of nowhere it sounded like there was a hammer hitting metal, not coming from my engine, it sounded like it was under the jeep, pulled off on the side of the road, looked under the vehicle, and at the base of the drive shaft, towards the rear of the vehicle, I saw what looked like oil, a little smoke, and it smelled like burnt rubber. Anyone have any insight whatsoever? I have it at a dealership getting checked right now, just wanting to get some advice so I can prepare for what needs to be fixed. Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

I was driving to work today, and out of nowhere it sounded like there was a hammer hitting metal, not coming from my engine, it sounded like it was under the jeep, pulled off on the side of the road, looked under the vehicle, and at the base of the drive shaft, towards the rear of the vehicle, I saw what looked like oil, a little smoke, and it smelled like burnt rubber. Anyone have any insight whatsoever? I have it at a dealership getting checked right now, just wanting to get some advice so I can prepare for what needs to be fixed. Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Is your jeep lifted? If the original driveshaft went out I would recommend a good aftermarket one and not a stock replacement one

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom