Chrysler extended warranty(not for jeepers?)

Faulka28

I bought 2016 rubicon hard rock new. When I purchased it, I also bought the Chrysler extended(lifetime warranty). Shortly after the purchase I contacted my dealer and asked them if lifting my jeep would void my warranty. I was told as long as I don’t go over 4”. So now a year and a half later I purchased the mopar 4” lift kit. I haven’t installed yet( need wheels and tires ). I decided to contact the dealer again to reaffirm what they had told me. This time I am told I cannot go over 2”.
Can anyone shed some light on this or point me in the direction to get some real answers, I obviously cannot rely on my dealer. If this is true , why would Chrysler sell a kit they won’t allow with their own warranty? Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Regardless of ANY modifications that the dealer sells, the manufacturer can still deny warranty claims based on modifications. Just the way it is. Anytime a dealer says that a modification won't affect the warranty, obtain that in writing.

TrailHunter

Hooked
WJCO is right but thats still BS... warranty should be honored especially if its a “Mopar” lift... I mean, they made it... they sell Jeeps with it. I say install the kit and find a dealer that treats you right when & if the time comes to use the warranty. I also think it’s more that you are asking and they don’t want to take verbal responsibility. I bet if you brought it in already done, the chances are higher that they would honor the warranty. (Welcome to Wayalife)

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Bottom line - if it wasn’t on the vehicle when it left the factory assembly line, it can void your warranty on OEM parts if it causes a failure to those parts. Any dealer who promises you otherwise is full of crap.

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
For what it’s worth, I also asked my local dealer the same question since they lift Jeeps all the time before they’re even sold with the 4” Mopar. They VERBALLY told me that as long as THEY install the Mopar lift it would not void the warranty. I personally am not going with that lift so I disregarded it before getting it in writing. This same dealer also told me that they are willing to re-gear the diffs (there are no local shops that will do it) but it will void the warranty for driveline components.

I have never had to fight for a warranty repair myself but from what I have read before, it may not even be up to the dealer, but much higher at the corporate level. Could be wrong but just what I’ve read. If it gets to that point, it would definitely help to have a statement in writing from the service manager stating that the warranty will be honored.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

14JK-U

Last few responses are right on the money, also a side note "mopar" 2inch lift is just a rebranded lift (according to my local dealer) not sure if the 4 inch is the same. So just because something says mopar doesn't mean they engineered it, It's just what they use.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327AZ using WAYALIFE mobile app

Faulka28

Gonna go with 35’s,
From what I’ve learned finding a friendly dealer is key. Chrysler says any mods will void warranty, but they only know it’s modified if the dealer reports it. I also learned to not get a dealer upset at you because they can flag your vin so no dealer can honor your warranty. I guess should the situation arise and dealer says they cannot warranty a repair , if you push hard enough they have to open a claim and prove that your mod caused the failure. Sounds like it can be a real hassle, but if you jump through all the hoops you can get around it. As for all these dealers selling Jeeps with a lift already installed, I assume that they are choosing not to mention it to Chrysler the vehicle is lifted.
I am going to lift this thing , I got to.
Thanks everyone for all the support.
Does anyone know of a friendly dealer in SoCal?

JeepJeep75

Gonna go with 35’s,
From what I’ve learned finding a friendly dealer is key. Chrysler says any mods will void warranty, but they only know it’s modified if the dealer reports it. I also learned to not get a dealer upset at you because they can flag your vin so no dealer can honor your warranty. I guess should the situation arise and dealer says they cannot warranty a repair , if you push hard enough they have to open a claim and prove that your mod caused the failure. Sounds like it can be a real hassle, but if you jump through all the hoops you can get around it. As for all these dealers selling Jeeps with a lift already installed, I assume that they are choosing not to mention it to Chrysler the vehicle is lifted.
I am going to lift this thing , I got to.
Thanks everyone for all the support.
Does anyone know of a friendly dealer in SoCal?

I bought my jeep, which was special ordered (a manual in SoCal? [emoji33]) from Scott Robinson in Torrance, CA in 2015. Also bought the lifetime warranty. Nice enough place I guess. My jeep has a 3 inch EVO lift, EVO sliders, 35’s and beadlocks, all installed by yours truly. I took it in to dealer this last fall for a LOUD engine tick at 32,000 miles. Dropped it off, waited around for 2 hours to get someone to write down my info and take my keys. I left on foot. Four days later, when I finally called them, I got an update. They said they were replacing two of the intake cams, and all of the intake lifters. Picked it up a few days later and all is well. Not one word was mentioned about my jeep being a problem because it was lifted. It’s a total crap-shoot at the dealer. Just be cool, and let them do whatever it is they have to do. It upset me that I had to wait so long to drop it off, and that I had to pry info out of them (the dealer) about the status of my jeep. But in the end, I did get my jeep fixed, under warranty, no problem. I know the lift has nothing to do with an engine tick, but the dealer might think differently if I was an ass about the service I was, or wasn’t receiving.

FOSJ

Purchased a used 2014 JKUR with 22k miles from a Vegas Honda dealership 3 years ago. 4 months later bought Mopar Lifetime Warranty online from a company in New York. A couple of months later added TF 2.5" lift and 35 KO2s. Summer of 17 jeep dealership in New Hampshire repaired a ball joint and front pinion seal under warranty, no questions asked. Jeep is currently waiting on parts from vegas jeep dealer to repair torn driveshaft boot and pinion seal and dealership is covering it under the extended warranty.

Moondance

I heard a scary noise recently, thought it was the transmission and stopped in a nearby small town with a big Jeep dealership to have them take a gander. I talked about warranty matters and the shop manager said, "it varies by dealer. Some like to give you a hard time". He then suggested to push them a little if it came to that. Regardless, that dealership was very nice, ruled out the transmission, complimented me on the rig, gave me confidence to drive to my nearby dealer for an appointment. Turns out the issue was an aftermarket pinion bearing that's on my dime anyway but the moral of the story is, find the right dealer.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

FallonJeeper

Our 2016 JKUR Hard Rock has a 4 Wheel Parts installed 4" Mopar lift with 37" Falken tires and 4.88 G2 gears. Only issue I've had is when we took it in for a recall. They wanted to update the computer and because I mentioned the Flashpac tuner, used only to correct the speedo due to the gear and tire changes, they would not update the computer. They did, however, perform the work on the recall.

Top Bottom