Hello From Edmonton

FamilyOverland

Well I just bought my first Jeep. Tuck, named after my 2 year old son calling it a Monster Tuck, has just joined our life a little over a week ago. He is a 2014 Jeep Rubicon with a few mods. I had been looking for about 2 months when I came across Tuck on page 22 of Kijiji with one picture and a brief description. He was owned by a mechanic who had a custom motorcycle shop. He had never been off road, never been driven in the rain, or in the winter. His chassis had been oiled down every couple of months to prevent rust. The interior smelled new and was spotless. I was instantly suspicious.... Who buys a Rubicon, owns it for 3 years, only puts 34,000km's on it and never goes off road. Then invests a bunch of money on 35's, after market bumpers, winch (never used, he was not sure what button to push to turn the remote on), and proceeds to park it in his heated garage while his BMW sits outside in the Edmonton winters. But here Greg was looking for some additional money for his business, so now I am the proud new owner of Tuck.
I know very little about Jeeps and hopefully Wayalife will be a great place to get some good advice about getting off the beaten track with my family and what mods to do to my jeep.

First question, what new headlights should I get, the stock ones are truly terrible. I have only owned luxury SUV's from Volvo and Acura and moving from those headlights to stock JK's is quite a shock. lol

Anyway thanks for the posts, and if anyone is from Edmonton Alberta hit me up.

Regards

Labricon

Caught the Bug
Welcome aboard from Manitoba! I have the JW Speaker led headlights and love them. They are a bit pricey though. Many others here run the Trucklite leds which also have a heated version. Lots of info here on lighting ...... and everything else! Enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Well I just bought my first Jeep. Tuck, named after my 2 year old son calling it a Monster Tuck, has just joined our life a little over a week ago. He is a 2014 Jeep Rubicon with a few mods. I had been looking for about 2 months when I came across Tuck on page 22 of Kijiji with one picture and a brief description. He was owned by a mechanic who had a custom motorcycle shop. He had never been off road, never been driven in the rain, or in the winter. His chassis had been oiled down every couple of months to prevent rust. The interior smelled new and was spotless. I was instantly suspicious.... Who buys a Rubicon, owns it for 3 years, only puts 34,000km's on it and never goes off road. Then invests a bunch of money on 35's, after market bumpers, winch (never used, he was not sure what button to push to turn the remote on), and proceeds to park it in his heated garage while his BMW sits outside in the Edmonton winters. But here Greg was looking for some additional money for his business, so now I am the proud new owner of Tuck.
I know very little about Jeeps and hopefully Wayalife will be a great place to get some good advice about getting off the beaten track with my family and what mods to do to my jeep.

First question, what new headlights should I get, the stock ones are truly terrible. I have only owned luxury SUV's from Volvo and Acura and moving from those headlights to stock JK's is quite a shock. lol

Anyway thanks for the posts, and if anyone is from Edmonton Alberta hit me up.

Regards

Welcome to Wayalife. Where you live, I’d recommend the heated Trucklites. Don’t let everyone scare you away from them, mentioning the, “x,” artifact in the low beam. After a week or so, you won’t notice it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Welcome fellow Albertan.......I am going to go with Trucklites...........if you purchase them through this forum it helps out Eddie & Cindy!

Clark Griswold

Welcome from a fellow Canadian in Ohio! 👋 I have relatives in Edmonton and have experienced winter there so I would highly recommend the heated Trucklites. Sounds like an awesome rig that Tuck!!

Sent from my VS987 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Welcome from the GTA. I did the JW Speaker Evolution J headlights. Freaking amazing, very happy with them, been a year thus far. No real issues with Southern Ontario slush and freezing rain as these are not heated.

What ever you decide check out the headlight alignment write here that Eddie posted, it's very helpful and did the trick. Don't be that lifted JK with LED lights that didn't adjust and align them in.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using WAYALIFE mobile app

FamilyOverland

Welcome fellow Albertan.......I am going to go with Trucklites...........if you purchase them through this forum it helps out Eddie & Cindy!

Thanks for all of the good info guys, I am going to look into the Grotes for sure and the idea of a heated headlight on a jeep sounds sweet, so a look into the truck lights for sure as well. Anyone bought truck lights from the link up here in canada? Any issues with the US amazon charging you an arm and a leg in duties?

Top Bottom