Powdercoat Alternatives?

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
I am currently trying to piece together a build list but I’ve run into a problem. I was looking at getting the Poison Spyder aluminum wide crusher flares to comply with our state fender laws on tire coverage. The problem is that the crushers only come in bare metal and there are no shops on this island that do powder coating. Are there any alternatives cheaper than line-x that anyone can recommend? Or any other type of wider flat flares that I may have missed?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
I am currently trying to piece together a build list but I’ve run into a problem. I was looking at getting the Poison Spyder aluminum wide crusher flares to comply with our state fender laws on tire coverage. The problem is that the crushers only come in bare metal and there are no shops on this island that do powder coating. Are there any alternatives cheaper than line-x that anyone can recommend? Or any other type of wider flat flares that I may have missed?

Thanks

If you take your time you can get a rattle can finish to look pretty good.

eugenethejeep

I think powder coating is overrated especially if the item is subject to scratches and dings. I use industrial paint even though the shine doesn’t last as long. Rust won’t walk under industrial paint as it will powder coating. Good luck with your project.

zimm

Caught the Bug
Being in Hawaii, I wouldn't use a bed liner product. Moisture can get under it and corrode, even aluminum. I've had the best luck with rustoleum. Satin black is my go-to, but you can use any color. Texture black looks good, but is nowhere as good in scratch resistance as the satin black.

Thanks

I just purchased the steel Spyder Crusher fenders. I bedlined mine, myself. Very happy with the way they turned out. Durable finish and can be easily touched up. Texture finish is up to you. You can make if rough texture or almost smooth finish.

Attachments

• crusher-fenders.jpg
    crusher-fenders.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 71
  • 20171116_133456.jpg
    20171116_133456.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 75
  • 20171116_133502.jpg
    20171116_133502.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 73
  • 20171116_133506.jpg
    20171116_133506.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 76

mikesJK15

I have crusher flares and I just painted them with rustoleum satin black. Easy to touch up redo if they start looking bad. Mine are steel so I went over them in all the seams and welds with POR15.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Thanks everyone for the input! Never really considered spraying it myself just because I wasn’t sure how durable it would be. I suppose I could always touch it up or re paint it when it gets bad. I’ll give rustoleum a try. Thanks again!

Top Bottom