Build List Check

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
I’m not sure if this is the right spot for this but here goes. I am looking for input on what I have so far as a build list. Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated before I start ordering stuff within the next week.

Current status
- 2016 JKU 75A
- EVO oil pan, transmission, and crossover skids
- stock rubi & ACE “sliders” (steps for kids)

Build list so far
- Rancho sport 2” with geo brackets until I can get some control arms
- Rancho 9000s
- Poison spider wide aluminum flat fenders
- Icon Rebound 17x8.5, 4.5 backspacing, in bronze to match 75A bumpers
- Toyo MTs in 35x12.5r17
- Evo C gussets

Also looking for advice on tire carrier 3rd brake light solutions. I have a brand motion rear view camera that mounts behind the wheel so license plate relocation kits with brake lights wont work without blocking the camera. The only carrier I found that incorporates lights that will work with the camera is the teraflex carrier, but we all know the problems associated with that.

This is mainly a daily driver with occasional light/moderate trails. This is my first build of any vehicle so any advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

aermid

Also looking for advice on tire carrier 3rd brake light solutions. I have a brand motion rear view camera that mounts behind the wheel so license plate relocation kits with brake lights wont work without blocking the camera. The only carrier I found that incorporates lights that will work with the camera is the teraflex carrier, but we all know the problems associated with that.

I recently installed a Len-Tex Lighting 3rd brake light that sits between the tire and tire carrier. Len-Tex is a Jeeper small business company in Texas. Not sure if it would get in the way of your camera, though you drill holes to mount it so modifications would be pretty easy.

You do have to cut and wire the line coming from the old brake light for install. I think I paid $35, since I didn’t want the flashing module.

IMG_2260.JPG
IMG_2118.JPG

I can post more pics if you need my wiring job.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brute

Hooked
About as far from it. In frozen Detroit Mi. Had my AEV for 3 years going into the fourth and zero issues.

I meant the op Ainokea...I just checked and saw he was from the Big Island...so this third light shouldn't be an issue for safety check; I think Oahu is the only Island that requires a reconstruction sticker, in which case this third light does not comply; I had to show up for recon inspection with stock tires (which I keep a set in the garage just for annual safety check) spare off the carrier and a temporary stock third light hooked up just to get the sticker...PITA

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Here is where the camera currently sits. Not sure if the aev light would fit under or above it but it might be worth a shot. I didn’t even consider the aev tire carrier initially but I may give that one a look. Any thoughts on the lift, wheel/tire combo? Will there be enough clearance for 35s?

Image1516565561.367376.jpg

Brute

Hooked
The third light on my Jeep is blocked by my wheel (ironic, since it's an AEV rim)...it sits on top of the camera, and looks like it should work with your wheel

Attachments

• IMG_2491.jpg
    IMG_2491.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 61

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Alright... ended up going a different route. Enforcer 3” on order with Rancho 9000s, evo gate carrier, aev brake light, procal, and Adams 1350 solid ds... still need to order the rest.

Top Bottom