Daystar Hood Wrangler Write Up

RCVRY

My 2011 JK Hood Flutter was giving me butterflies going down the highway; so it was time for a remedy. Ordering from Amazon was made easy thanks to Wayalife and they arrived in short order. They come in black and red which are the usual colors for automotive urethane. I have seen other colors of urethane, but usually for sex toys. Obviously black urethane being the most popular for universal applications. I ordered red Wranglers because I wanted to.
The only thing I've installed on my JK easier than these were my floor mats.
IMG_0044.jpg
These are the only tools needed:
IMG_0027.jpg
Placed a rag on the fender and used my wire cutters to pry/cut the plastic retainer from the top of the latch.
IMG_0028.jpg
This is how it comes apart:
IMG_0030.jpg
IMG_0031.jpg
Pop the bottom off the same way:
IMG_0032.jpg
This is the comparison. The Daystars are shorter than the worn out stock rubber, and note the elongated holes on the 7 year old rubber straps.
IMG_0035.jpg
IMG_0036.jpg
Sleeve nut and a screw, pop 'em in and don't over tighten. Make sure they will still move.
IMG_0037.jpg
IMG_0038.jpg
Now the top latch, just like this:
IMG_0039.jpg
IMG_0040.jpg
IMG_0041.jpg
And now we're done. Noticeably harder to latch, I was worried about breaking the tabs on my top latch but they held.
IMG_0043.jpg

Honestly I just wanted to find an excuse to use the camera on my new iPhone8, but figured I'd show the folks what they're getting into with these Hood Wranglers. Solid piece of hardware, 5 stars for ease of install.

I'm goin' on break:beer:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Nice! They work great, and are inexpensive. They loosen a bit, over time, so they’re easier to use. Mine haven’t loosened enough to cause hood flutter again, though.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom