Valve cover holes have coolant in them?

mikeljmoore

So just bought a 1989 MJ 4x4 4.0. The valve cover was so lovely being held on with RTV because someone was cheap and didn’t buy a gasket. As I was scraping the excess off I noticed coolant inside the driver side cylinder 4 area. Just wondering if this could be just a head gasket or something much simpler. Thanks for any help!

IMG_5650.jpg

IMG_5651.jpg

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
WTF? At least it's fresh and short term. It would be much more intermixed if it had been going on for awhile. If cover is still off, rent a pressure tester from your local auto parts store and pressure test the cooling system and find out where it's coming from.

mikeljmoore

WTF? At least it's fresh and short term. It would be much more intermixed if it had been going on for awhile. If cover is still off, rent a pressure tester from your local auto parts store and pressure test the cooling system and find out where it's coming from.

Oh yeah it’s off still lol. No way am I wasting time to put it on to take it off again. I just want to get it on the road already.[emoji24] but I think that’s probably a good start. Thanks man.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom