New pull to the left.

Hey all. Could use some insight on this one. Installed new drag link and got everything aligned. Drove straight and had no issues. Just installed a fox 2.0 steering stabilizer squished my factory one) and now I’ve got a pretty good left side pull and the steering seems a bit harder when turning right than turning left. Everything is centered and installed correctly. Is it possible I’ve got a shit stabilizer or maybe something more sinister going on. 2014 JKU 35” Nitto trails in great shape. Aprox 3.5 lift give or take.

jesse3638

Hooked
I believe this is a pressurized stabilizer. What you may be feeling is it trying to extend, this pushing your steering to the left. Turning right you're trying to compress it. Think of a shock for a SS. Take it off and see if it's goes away.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

BaddestCross

I believe this is a pressurized stabilizer. What you may be feeling is it trying to extend, this pushing your steering to the left. Turning right you're trying to compress it. Think of a shock for a SS. Take it off and see if it's goes away.

^^^ this. I went with a Rancho 5000 SS to avoid this exact issue.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
It’s still recommended to run a SS. It’s not “needed” if everything is dialed in but Jeep put it there for a reason. I ran without one for a while with no issues. However I can see myself getting something out of whack after some hard wheeling and getting a death wobble on the way home. No fun. I got the EVO draglink flip kit which allows you to relocate the SS up and out of the way and correct any geometry after a lift.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Pull the SS off see the pull goes away.

Don’t be too concerned with removing it just to test it out.
I haven’t had one for over two years.

Bubbacon

Yep... I had this couple years ago. The pressurized ss kept extending on its own

jeffj

Caught the Bug
Yes, this happened to me too. It is pressurized and pushing, I got used to it and kept it on.

mauijim

I didn’t know that. Thanks for the heads up. I am getting ready to swap them for some STT pros.

I had tires that pulled to the left and I got STT Pros and 3 out of the 4 didn’t even need any weight to balance them and I go straight down the road with zero pulling at all. And much more comfortable ride as well I think

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom