Heater blower

wolfy

Hey there jeepers,

It was cold like hell here in montreal last week so at some point my heater blower pushed some weired smelle inside the cabin and started making a weird noise. I’ve notice that the air takes a while before it becomes hot and seems like its sometimes warm instead of hot. Checked for leaks in the core and found none but i had some kind of coolant leak next to my thermostat. What could be the problem should i change the heater blower, the thermostat and gasket or what should i do.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Heater temp is dependant on engine temp since it uses the engine coolant to run through the heater core. Your heater should begin to function once the vehicles engine reaches normal operating temperature.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Now the smell could be due to a variety of things. First have you changed out the cabin air filter? Is there debris inside the unit ie leaves etc

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Hey there jeepers,

It was cold like hell here in montreal last week so at some point my heater blower pushed some weired smelle inside the cabin and started making a weird noise. I’ve notice that the air takes a while before it becomes hot and seems like its sometimes warm instead of hot. Checked for leaks in the core and found none but i had some kind of coolant leak next to my thermostat. What could be the problem should i change the heater blower, the thermostat and gasket or what should i do.

Thanks

See if the tone of the noise, changes with varying fan speeds. You’d then know if your blower motor is going out.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Hey there jeepers,

Thanks

Welcome back, your post is a bit random and seems to be describing multiple issues. The noise and smell are one and poor heat is another.

Smell & Noise:
Was the smell electrical, metallic, plasticky or coolant?
Do the blower speeds still work?
Have you ever been caught in the rain and get water in the dash ductwork?

Could be fan motor, bearing or resistor.

Poor heat could be a thermostat, plugged core, bad cap, damaged air distribution housing, bad blend door actuator or just low coolant.

I would start with replacing the thermostat and fixing the leak!

Top Bottom