I drive a real Jeep, like we used to defeat the Jews in WW2

kingdyj

I know a guy with a JK locked front Dana 30 on 35s that literally beats the shit out of his Jeep and in the two years of knowing him all he broke was a U-joint. Personally I think it's how you drive how much wheeling you do the terrain you're in many factors come into play. Especially your budget. It's not just tire size that's hard on axles. I have a Dana 30 and it's locked on 38s and I'm going to do everything in my power to keep it working . I have chromoly axle shafts but I use greasable U joints so they're weaker Works kind of like a fuse I also have them in the front drive shaft as well

Sent from my SM-G935P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Originally found here, until this racist troll went off
https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/51222-Gears-amp-Lockers

Last edited by a moderator:

kingdyj

And another thing to take into consideration is every brand of tire runs different size example my 38 inch tires are exactly 36 and 1/2 in tall. Some tires run big some tires run small. So it may sound like craziness if you was to tell somebody you have 38 inch tires on a Dana 30 but it's not so crazy considering they're only 36 and 1/2 in tall in reality

kingdyj

It is not ideal, to put 5.13 in a d30, in a JK Jeep.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
It's not ideal to put a tire on a Dana 30 that would require a 513 gear in any jeep. The teeth is no stronger in a 4.88 gear than a 5.13 there's not much difference in pinion sizes. The lower you go into the gears the more power you're producing to the wheels which means the more likely you are to shear the teeth off. The size of the pinion has nothing to do with the strength of the teeth. When buying tires make sure you look at the actual true size of them. And take into consideration if you're going with aluminum wheels or steel wheels the width of the wheels the weight of the wheels the weight of the tire. There's a lot more to it than just the actual height of the tire. Do your research before you buy tires and know their actual size you'll be pretty disappointed when you spend all that money on a set of 40 inch pitbulls all to be a smidget bigger than your buddies 37's. Considering you spend all that money to upgrade your axle to handle a 40 inch tire that's barely any bigger than the 37 you just came from

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
It's not ideal to put a tire on a Dana 30 that would require a 513 gear in any jeep. The teeth is no stronger in a 4.88 gear than a 5.13 there's not much difference in pinion sizes. The lower you go into the gears the more power you're producing to the wheels which means the more likely you are to shear the teeth off. The size of the pinion has nothing to do with the strength of the teeth. When buying tires make sure you look at the actual true size of them. And take into consideration if you're going with aluminum wheels or steel wheels the width of the wheels the weight of the wheels the weight of the tire. There's a lot more to it than just the actual height of the tire. Do your research before you buy tires and know their actual size you'll be pretty disappointed when you spend all that money on a set of 40 inch pitbulls all to be a smidget bigger than your buddies 37's. Considering you spend all that money to upgrade your axle to handle a 40 inch tire that's barely any bigger than the 37 you just came from

Thread’s over. The OP made a wise choice, just a few posts above.

WJCO

Meme King

Most members here are aware of this. That's why we have a thread like this: https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/35075-The-Ultimate-TRUE-TIRE-SIZE-Database . Now, if you want to measure your dick from your asshole so you can claim a larger tire size, it's completely understandable.

kingdyj

Most members here are aware of this. That's why we have a thread like this: https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/35075-The-Ultimate-TRUE-TIRE-SIZE-Database . Now, if you want to measure your dick from your asshole so you can claim a larger tire size, it's completely understandable.
I must have overlooked most of the members telling the op this so he had an understanding of all this so I apologize for trying to help one of your members out. I guess he didn't fall into that most category my apologies once again

kingdyj

Well you call a 35, a 35, regardless if if measures 33.75”.

Okay so I have a few questions for you then. So it's okay to run a 35 in tire that measures 35 inches on a Dana 30 axle.? And would it be okay for me to run a 37-inch tire that measures 35 in on that same Dana 30 axle? And now I would like to know what gears that I should run? Should I run gears that the tires actually measuring or should I run gears for what stamped on the side walls?

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Okay so I have a few questions for you then. So it's okay to run a 35 in tire that measures 35 inches on a Dana 30 axle.? And would it be okay for me to run a 37-inch tire that measures 35 in on that same Dana 30 axle? And now I would like to know what gears that I should run? Should I run gears that the tires actually measuring or should I run gears for what stamped on the side walls?

I’m not into YJ’s, so who knows. Now, stop trying to be a dick, and let it go.

kingdyj

Well you call a 35, a 35, regardless if if measures 33.75”.

I’m not into YJ’s, so who knows. Now, stop trying to be a dick, and let it go.

Not being in the yj's have nothing to do with the questions that I ask because these are what the members are going to be asking and they're going to be looking for information on this form. And I'm not being a dick at all nor am I trying to be a dick.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Not being in the yj's have nothing to do with the questions that I ask because these are what the members are going to be asking and they're going to be looking for information on this form. And I'm not being a dick at all nor am I trying to be a dick.

You should run 40’s on you’re 30. It’s a good idea. Just make sure you don’t run gears deeper than 4.56 though because the pinion size is the same as the lower 4.57 gears. Won’t be good.

kingdyj

You should run 40’s on you’re 30. It’s a good idea. Just make sure you don’t run gears deeper than 4.56 though because the pinion size is the same as the lower 4.57 gears. Won’t be good.

Hey what's it matter as long as they're Nitto ill look cool at Walmart with everybody else[emoji12] that rocks that mall crawler shit

Top Bottom