NEW VIDEO : SIBLING RIVALRY – Moby & Rubicat on the Fordyce Trail

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just because we can, Cindy and I woke up on a random Thursday morning, packed up our Jeeps and on a whim, headed out to run a crazy fun trail like Fordyce. Fortunately for us, the water flow was low enough and we do have 2 JK’s that are built pretty much the same. Of course, Moby is bigger and more powerful but on the heavy side, and Rubicat is lighter and more nimble but running smaller tires. In this video, you will get to see all the fun we had as we put both our Jeeps to the test and out on one of the most challenging trails up in the Sierra's. We hope you enjoy.

JEEP SPECS
Because I know there will be more than a few of you who are curious to know what all we have on both of our Jeeps, the following is a detailed list of each build and at the time this video was filmed.

MOBY
2007 STONE WHITE
JEEP JK WRANGLER RUBICON UNLIMITED

L94 6.2L V8 Engine
MoTech LS Basic Kit
6L80 6-Speed Automatic Transmission
EVO High Clearance Long Arm Kit
EVO Front Double Throw Down Coil Over System
EVO Lever Cantilever System
12″ King Coilover Shocks Front
8″ King Coilover Shocks Rear
Dynatrac Pro Rock 60 Front w/Competition Shafts & CTM U-Joints
Dynatrac ProRock 80 Full Float Rear Axle
Toyo Open Country M/T 40×13.50 M/T Tires
ATX Chamber Pro II 17″ 8-Lug Bead Lock Wheels
Griffon Heavy Duty Radiator
Advance Adapters 3:1 Atlas 2-speed Transfer Case
PSC Ram Assist Steering
5.38 Gears
ARB Lockers
JE Reel 1350/1410 Drive Shafts
EVO MFG Quarter Pounder w/Stinger Front Bumper
EVO MFG Rear Quarter Panel Armor & Tire Carrier
EVO MFG Rocker Guards & Skins
WARN PowerPlant 9500
Viking Synthetic Winchline w/Safety Thimble Performance
Truck-Lite Heated LED Headlights
Truck-Lite 7″ LED Spots
Ridgid Industries D2 Flood Rear Back-Up Lights
Off Road Engineering Switch Panel
Bestop Trektop NX
Rock Hard Sport Cage
Rugged Ridge Half Doors
Mastercraft Baja RS Seats Front & Rear
Tuffy Security Center Console Insert
Tuffy Security Rear Deck
Tuffy Security Conceal Carry Underseat Drawer
Cobra 29 LTD BT CB Radio
Firesik II Antenna
Off Road Evolution Trail Table

RUBICAT
2012 DOZER
JEEP JK WRANGLER UNLIMITED RUBICON

3.6L V6 24-Valve VVT Engine
5-Speed Automatic W5A580 Transmission
EVO High Clearance Long Arm Kit
EVO Double Throw Down Coil Over Kit
EVO Lever Cantilever System
12″ King Coilover Shocks Front
8″ King Coilover Shocks Rear
EVO Draglink Flip & Front Track Bar Relocation Kit
King Rear Air Bumps
Dynatrac ProRock 60 Full-Float Rear Axle
Dynatrac ProRock 44 Unlimited Front Axle
5.38 Gears
ARB Rear Locker
1350 JE Reel Drive Shafts Front & Rear
Dynatrac ProGrip Brakes
Currie HD Tie-Rod
37×13.50 Cooper Discoverer STT Pro M/T Tires
ATX Chamber Pro II Bead Lock Wheels
EVO 1/4 Pounder Front Bumper
EVO MFG Vacuum Pump Relocation Bracket
EVO MFG Skidplate System
EVO Rocker Skins
EVO Rock Sliders
EVO Rear Tire Carrier
Truck-Lite Complex Reflector Optics Design LED Headlights
Truck-Lite Driving Lights
WARN PowerPlant 9500
Rock Hard Sport Cage
Rugged Ridge Half Doors
EVO ARB Compressor Bracket
ARB Compressor
Odyssey Battery
Cobra 29 PLX CB Radio
Firestik II Antenna

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Great video and beautiful scenery! It’s good to see Rubicat & Moby out, together. I held on to the edge of my chair, when you almost flopped Rubicat!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just watch the video.. Kick ass! Good thing you didn't flop. Thank you guys for another awesome video.

Glad you enjoyed it! Oh, and yes, I was lucky not to flop especially being that we were at the end of the trail :crazyeyes:

Great video!!!

So glad you enjoyed it :)

Great video and beautiful scenery! It’s good to see Rubicat & Moby out, together. I held on to the edge of my chair, when you almost flopped Rubicat!

LOL!! I think I did too the first time I saw the footage :cheesy:

Battle Born JK

Great video I think its really cool how your narration put life into big bro (moby) and little sis ( rubicat). I see a quite a bit of pucker going on in that video. Awsone video thats Cindy and Eddie for sharing.

RockyJk

Awesome video! Hopefully I can go to this trail someday [emoji1605]

You know Rubicat wouldn’t of almost flopped if you had leafs and 38’s under her [emoji23]

Trail JK

Omg!!! [emoji44] Truly phenomenal video! I really can’t believe that you created a video this amazing while running the trail each driving and still captured the most incredible shots. You two are so beyond talented! No fluff here so so good!!!

Looks like an incredible trail and maybe the most challenging I’ve seen. Hope to do this one with you two someday. Beautiful.

Can’t believe the great shots... the sky, the dust, the near flop OMG! This video has it all!!

Killer driving and spotting. Love what you represent in this industry/sport/passion.

Fantastic! I’m gonna go watch it again.

Wow! Just wow! Well done guys!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great video guys![emoji482] Awesome scenery, and fun to watch! Thought for sure Rubicat was going over. Way to keep your calm man[emoji482]

It was super close. Literally, the very corner of her rocker guard just happened to catch the boulder. Had she been just an inch further up, she would have gone over for sure. :crazyeyes:

Great video I think its really cool how your narration put life into big bro (moby) and little sis ( rubicat). I see a quite a bit of pucker going on in that video. Awsone video thats Cindy and Eddie for sharing.

Thanks! We're so glad that you like the narration. As far as pucker factor goes, there's a TON of it on that trail. Or, at least if you take the hard lines anyway :yup:

Awesome video! Hopefully I can go to this trail someday [emoji1605]

You know Rubicat wouldn’t of almost flopped if you had leafs and 38’s under her [emoji23]

:cheesy: That is for sure :D

Andy5160

Hooked
NEW VIDEO : SIBLING RIVALRY – Moby & Rubicat on the Fordyce Trail

I am in love [emoji7] both, you guys and the jeeps. Glad you were safe and as always thank you for doing what you are doing [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106] Tessa seemed to be enjoying the outdoors as well [emoji7]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Ddays

Hooked
:clap2: Wow, what a great video! I hooked my laptop up to my TV to watch this and boy am I glad I did! What a beautiful trail. Awesome job - thank you!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Omg!!! [emoji44] Truly phenomenal video! I really can’t believe that you created a video this amazing while running the trail each driving and still captured the most incredible shots. You two are so beyond talented! No fluff here so so good!!!

Looks like an incredible trail and maybe the most challenging I’ve seen. Hope to do this one with you two someday. Beautiful.

Can’t believe the great shots... the sky, the dust, the near flop OMG! This video has it all!!

Killer driving and spotting. Love what you represent in this industry/sport/passion.

Fantastic! I’m gonna go watch it again.

Wow! Just wow! Well done guys!

Damn Rachel, that was really really nice of you. Thank you and I mean that sincerely. Cindy and I are truly flattered that you would say as much and look forward to getting you and Ray out there with us :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I am in love [emoji7] both, you guys and the jeeps. Glad you were safe and as always thank you for doing what you are doing [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106] Tessa seemed to be enjoying he outdoors as well [emoji7]

LOL!! I guess that means you liked it :D

:clap2: Wow, what a great video! I hooked my laptop up to my TV to watch this and boy am I glad I did! What a beautiful trail. Awesome job - thank you!

Thank you, so glad that you enjoyed it and with any luck, maybe we'll be able to get you out this way to run it or the Rubicon with us :yup:

Probably my favorite trail. Very cool video 👍

Hell of a fun trail, that's for damn sure. We so need to do it again :yup:

Top Bottom