Thread: 93 ZJ---need advice

Fresh Catch

93 ZJ---need advice

My front end will shake after I hit the smallest bump(doesn't matter on speed) in the road and after I apply the breaks it will stop shaking. Ive replaced rotors,pad and calipers. My tie rods are good my hubs are good but there fluid all around the steering box... I am assuming that's it but how can I be sure it is?

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Shakes like a steering wheel shimmy and then it's all good again?

Or shakes like 'I'm going to shit my pants, I need to get this fucker off the road?'
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Hooked
    You should write down some specifics about your Jeep, as it makes it easier to diagnose. If you have lifted it, I would check your front trackbar bracket. Have someone turn your steering wheel left to right while you look at that bracket. If there is any movement in it whatsoever, that's more than likely your problem. I had the same issue with my '93 Laredo years ago. No matter how hard I tightened down the bolts, it would still wiggle just a bit. We finally welded it to the axle, and the wobble/death shake was gone the rest of the time I owned that vehicle.
    ‘07 Jeep JK Sahara 6 speed - RK 2.5 X-Factor riding on beefed up Rubi 44’s F&R, with 5.38’s, RCV shafts out front, Auburn Ected w/ 35 spline chromoly’s out back. 37” Nitto Trail Grapplers and 17” Spyderlock beadlocks. AEV bumpers F&R, Warn Zeon 10s, JCR rock rails, ARB twin compressor, assortment of other odds, ends, and goodies!

‘10 Jeep SRT8 w/ 7.2 Arrington 440 stroker making 700hp, built trans, Wavetrac in the rear end