Car Wash Info

KJs JK

Hello, I'm still familiarizing myself with the forum and i couldn't find a search function, so if anyone can link to a thread about this i would appreciate it.

My 2010 JK has a soft top, will it go through a car wash without soaking me? Also, does the car wash molest the fenders with the rollers at all?

Really what i want from the car wash is that undercarriage spray since i don't want to get under there with a hose.

Ddays

Hooked
Personally I'd stay clear of a carwash with a soft top. Those brushes will destroy the plastic windows.

Trail Hound

Hello, I'm still familiarizing myself with the forum and i couldn't find a search function, so if anyone can link to a thread about this i would appreciate it.

My 2010 JK has a soft top, will it go through a car wash without soaking me? Also, does the car wash molest the fenders with the rollers at all?

Really what i want from the car wash is that undercarriage spray since i don't want to get under there with a hose.

Assuming everything is fastened and zipped up then you should not get any amount of water inside the jeep. If you do, it should be a small amount of water at best. I am not sure what you mean by 'molest' but if you your fenders should be fine. Remember, however, that automatic car washes are brutal on your paint and may instill swirls or scratches. If you drive a mall crawler like me that may be important to you.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I only take mine through a car wash in the winter and it has no issues with the fenders. I’m running a hardtop do I can speak about the soft top but should be fine. My neighbor takes his LJ through all year and has no issues with his softtop

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
As far as searching goes. Upper right corner on the app is where the search function is located. If you on your computer, I just google search what I’m looking for followed by Wayalife. Seems to work the best. There is a search field located at the bottom of the wayalife page too.

nbunga

Caught the Bug
I have an unlimited pass for a local carwash. I go through several times a week with the hard top in winter, and the soft top in summer. Never had any issues with the fenders. As far as water getting in, well it is a jeep.

WJCO

Meme King
We bought a pressure washer about a year ago and have likely used it 50 times. I actually just washed both of our Jeeps about an hour ago. It's very handy to have.

I used one of those drive thru carwashes about 20 years ago and it fucked up my clear coat. Never used one again.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
We bought a pressure washer about a year ago and have likely used it 50 times. I actually just washed both of our Jeeps about an hour ago. It's very handy to have.

I used one of those drive thru carwashes about 20 years ago and it fucked up my clear coat. Never used one again.
Shit I bought an electric green one from Lowe's. It works well just forgot about it. Cost around $100.

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

RCVRY

I used to go through the touch less, high pressure car washes with my YJ soft top. Nothing molested, but did get a little water around the door seals. Just go see what happens. Wear yer bikini!

Ddays

Hooked
I used to go through the touch less, high pressure car washes with my YJ soft top. Nothing molested, but did get a little water around the door seals. Just go see what happens. Wear yer bikini!

If you can't do it yourself one of the touchless washes would be better for the soft windows IMHO. I take mine though one of these when I can't wash it and it has the undercarriage wash. Not the best but it does get the shit off of it

Jackal01

I have a Trektop pro (twill, glass windows) soft top now and had the oem plastic soft top before. I go through all types of car washes since I currently can't wash it myself. I have had no unexpected issues. Certainly no damage or scratches to windows or fabric. The only issue I have expected and that has happened is that some water gets pushed in at the top of the front doors at the A pillar from the blowers. But it has done that with both tops so my plan is to replace the weather seal since they are 7 years old and do look and feel rough/brittle. It is a non issue for me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom