Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Help with my 'dream' build

As far as 'talking shit about Teraflex,' it's more like 'providing accurate proof of the poor shit that they make.' If money isn't your concern and you want the best quality parts you can get, you shouldn't be looking at Teraflex. https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/...isolated-cases

As far as the supercharger, it's not necessary and it makes the most annoying whining on the trail. Great mod for a street car but not for a Jeep IMO.

Also, that Fab Four's bumper actually looks decent to me, however I wouldn't buy a fucking thing from Extreme Terrain as they're shady crooks. https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/...WAYALIFE-Again!
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

If you’re looking for the best parts for your money, go check out our website.

Superchargers are like handjobs. I’m not going to go into any more detail than that. Again, check out our website under the services tab. You won’t find handjobs there.

We carry more products than you can currently see on our website and driveshafts are one of those things. I recommend Adams or JE Reel.

If you really want to talk about building a Jeep then call me tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus Jeeps View Post

Superchargers are like handjobs. I’m not going to go into any more detail than that. Again, check out our website under the services tab. You won’t find handjobs there.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

I like almost nothing on this list. As said, I wouldn't go Tera flex. Evo is great. I run JKS and love it. Second, don't buy from Extreme Terrain. Third, you don't need a sway bar disconnect kit since you're buying a Rubicon which makes me wonder how much research you've actually done. Fourth, you won't fit in your garage with 37s, a Gobi Ranger rack, and a standard 7' garage. Fifth, I used to run a Gobi Stealth rack and sold it for a reason. Sixth, I'd reconsider your tire choice; don't know many guys running those. Seventh, if you're putting this much money ($30-40k) into it, you've skipped a lot of important parts on the underside (axles, driveshafts, etc) which are more important than a shiny bumper. Eighth, I didn't see anything about a rear bumper or tire carrier; maybe I just missed it. Ninth, I'd include a sport cage of some sort.

And tenth, a new Rubicon plus $40k in parts puts you around $80k. You could buy a used, already built one that would be much nicer than the one in your picture for that. Much nicer.

Nothing but a Thing boardsurfer's Avatar
    I would suggest putting your spreadsheet on the back burner until you actually have a Jeep and have taken it out to see what it can do.

If you're building for "a look" you can put whatever floats your boat on it, so it is just right. If it will never really be put to the test, it doesnt matter what you go with.

I would not have known that bumper is by Fab Fours if you handn't told me. The thing about FF though - google some pics of the Grumper. The one that gets all the hate. Look closely. See the humungous panel gaps (especially the hood line) and complete lack of attention to detail. Someone took a look at that during the prototype phase and thought, "Yeah, that looks good." Now ask yourself, are these the guys I want building my shit? Full Metal Fab makes a mid-width bumper that is reasonably close in looks to what you posted. Made in USA by people who care about that the hell they are doing.

You already know the Teraflex kit has its QC problems. EVO or JKS both have kits that are complete. I'd start there. In short, if money isnt really a concern, Fab Fours, Teraflex and Extremeterrain should not be anywhere near your list.

You sure you didn’t get your dream build parts from here?

Kill it With Fire
    https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=14755

2012 Dozer JK
    -Dynatrac PR44/Rubicon Rear
    -Nitto 37” Trail Grapplers
    -Rock Krawler 2.5” Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

2012 Billet Silver JKUR
    -EVO DTD front and rear
    -Dynatrac PR60/PR80
    -EVO High Clearance Long Arm
    -Nitto 40” Trail grapplers
    -KMC Machetes
    -JE Reel 1410/1350 Driveshafts
    -Warn CTI 9.5
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

1975 DJ5

Honestly I would go with the JL. Folks like EVO, LOD, etc, are already making parts for these and they’ll be available soon. I recommend wheeling stock for at least a few months and hit as many trails as you can. If you want good quality parts I’m assuming it’s because you want the best in performance and reliability. You’ll want to get a feel for stock on various before jumping into a build so you can tell if there’s was any improvements to performance, handling etc. after your mods were put in. Unless of course you just want to spend your money than you can go with whatever you’d like such as that over priced fabfour bumper. (Not of fan of what looks to be custom lighting requirements on that bumper) by the time you buy the JL and wheel it for a few months I’m certain there will be plenty of aftermarket parts available.

Stay away from anything Teraflex besides what others have said two of the quays I wheel with made that mistake early on and regret it every time we go out.

If your gonna be overlanding much you’ll want some sort of accessories management for lights. (Which btw come stock with the JL)

Wouldn’t do RIPP or any supercharger, if you want a fast car buy an AUDI (totally biased there) The new JL with the 8 speed transmission has already proven to perform better (another win for the JL) Additionally I’ve heard horror stories of supercharged jeeps dying after a short while. (Not 100% sure on this, can anyone else confirm?) But if you must I think RIPP is the better option.

Not sure I saw a winch on the list but it’s a must. Warn Zeon 10S at a minimum. Money not being a factor don’t skimp on these.

EVO swaybar link. These things are beefy and considering my buddy just bent his on the trails yesterday I’m VLAN I have these.

You’ll want something better than rubi rails. LOD, EVO, and a few others make some solid ones. You’ll want something that sticks out a bit further than stock. Seriously check out Exodus jeeps. They pretty much only carry stuff they’d use any they wheel like the best of them.

Regarding under armor just do it. It’s cheap insurance. Rockhard or EVO make the best ones.

Love the classic look you’re going for with the lights.

Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJK View Post
    You sure you didn’t get your dream build parts from here?

Kill it With Fire
    https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=14755

Brilliant!!

Fuck yeah. Subscribed.

Sent from my SM-G900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Gobicon2017 View Post
    Good deal. What’s the jeep gonna be used for. Daily or both highway and trail. Are the trails gonna be rock or sand etc. lots of things to consider. I’d stay away from teraflex, there’re joints are horrible. Good luck. I would wheel it and upgrade as needed.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Ok thanks for the tip. I figured Teraflex seemed crap after even 5 mins of reading on here. What do people usually recommend instead? It seems I see a lot of people mention Evo.

To answer your question, it would be a daily driver + trail... not much highway but if I ever want to drive it on other trails I can imagine taking 10 hour road trips with it on the highway. I wouldn't have another truck and trailer to transport it with.
    Last edited by Exuma; 01-29-2018 at 05:28 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast