Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 49

Thread: Help with my 'dream' build

  1. #21
    Fresh Catch Exuma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    As far as 'talking shit about Teraflex,' it's more like 'providing accurate proof of the poor shit that they make.' If money isn't your concern and you want the best quality parts you can get, you shouldn't be looking at Teraflex. https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/...isolated-cases

    As far as the supercharger, it's not necessary and it makes the most annoying whining on the trail. Great mod for a street car but not for a Jeep IMO.

    Also, that Fab Four's bumper actually looks decent to me, however I wouldn't buy a fucking thing from Extreme Terrain as they're shady crooks. https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/...WAYALIFE-Again!
    Wow, that's super lame about Extreme Terrain... I actually emailed them awhile ago with some questions and they were fairly rude. What you put doesn't surprise me

    Interesting point about the supercharger, I didn't consider the noise annoying people around me. Would you suggest anything instead, or is regearing enough with 37" tires? I have seen a lot of people mentioning V8 conversions, which I suppose I wouldn't be against... but $30K on that seems kind of steep when I'm not an extreme enthusiast yet. I could see getting that down the line but not really on my 2nd jeep
    Last edited by Exuma; 01-29-2018 at 05:29 AM.

  2. #22
    Fresh Catch Exuma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Exodus Jeeps View Post
    If you’re looking for the best parts for your money, go check out our website.

    Superchargers are like handjobs. I’m not going to go into any more detail than that. Again, check out our website under the services tab. You won’t find handjobs there.

    We carry more products than you can currently see on our website and driveshafts are one of those things. I recommend Adams or JE Reel.

    If you really want to talk about building a Jeep then call me tomorrow.

    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    I bookmarked your site, I'll read through it all tomorrow. Thanks!

  3. #23
    Fresh Catch Exuma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by GraniteCrystal View Post
    I like almost nothing on this list. As said, I wouldn't go Tera flex. Evo is great. I run JKS and love it. Second, don't buy from Extreme Terrain. Third, you don't need a sway bar disconnect kit since you're buying a Rubicon which makes me wonder how much research you've actually done. Fourth, you won't fit in your garage with 37s, a Gobi Ranger rack, and a standard 7' garage. Fifth, I used to run a Gobi Stealth rack and sold it for a reason. Sixth, I'd reconsider your tire choice; don't know many guys running those. Seventh, if you're putting this much money ($30-40k) into it, you've skipped a lot of important parts on the underside (axles, driveshafts, etc) which are more important than a shiny bumper. Eighth, I didn't see anything about a rear bumper or tire carrier; maybe I just missed it. Ninth, I'd include a sport cage of some sort.

    And tenth, a new Rubicon plus $40k in parts puts you around $80k. You could buy a used, already built one that would be much nicer than the one in your picture for that. Much nicer.
    All very good points. I definitely won't be buying from ET after reading some other replies.

    I've done a lot of research but there is also an insane amount of information. At some point my brain fills up and I start forgetting the first things I learned

    Thanks for the no-bs Feedback

  4. #24
    Fresh Catch Exuma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJK View Post
    You sure you didn’t get your dream build parts from here?

    Kill it With Fire
    https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=14755


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    You got me

    Btw... I really like your Dozer colored JK. It was one of the ones I liked most in the Wayalife YT videos

  5. #25
    Fresh Catch Exuma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Exodus Jeeps View Post
    If you’re looking for the best parts for your money, go check out our website.

    Superchargers are like handjobs. I’m not going to go into any more detail than that. Again, check out our website under the services tab. You won’t find handjobs there.

    We carry more products than you can currently see on our website and driveshafts are one of those things. I recommend Adams or JE Reel.

    If you really want to talk about building a Jeep then call me tomorrow.



    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    I had a look at your site, I see a few errors on it which might be preventing the products from loading (they appear and disappear). That could be an unrelated issue, but you definitely have the issue below as well.

    on this page for instance: http://exodusjeeps.com/drivetrain/

    If you view source, you will see lines 4008-4047 are executing jQuery, all the stuff which starts with $(...)

    However, you don't include jQuery until line 4220, which results in several errors:

    Screen Shot 2018-01-28 at 9.46.44 PM.png

  6. #26
    Meme King WJCO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    27,701
    Quote Originally Posted by Exuma View Post

    Interesting point about the supercharger, I didn't consider the noise annoying people around me. Would you suggest anything instead, or is regearing enough with 37" tires? I have seen a lot of people mentioning V8 conversions, which I suppose I wouldn't be against... but $30K on that seems kind of steep when I'm not an extreme enthusiast yet. I could see getting that down the line but not really on my 2nd jeep
    Many members here have re-geared with 37s and are quite happy. As far as an engine swap, you can always do that down the road. A re-gear should bring your power back with the large tires.

    Quote Originally Posted by Exuma View Post
    I had a look at your site, I see a few errors on it which might be preventing the products from loading (they appear and disappear). That could be an unrelated issue, but you definitely have the issue below as well.

    on this page for instance: http://exodusjeeps.com/drivetrain/

    If you view source, you will see lines 4008-4047 are executing jQuery, all the stuff which starts with $(...)

    However, you don't include jQuery until line 4220, which results in several errors:
    Strange. Send them a private message. They will be able to help get you going.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES



    Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

    Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

  7. #27
    Advertiser Exodus Jeeps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,853
    Quote Originally Posted by Exuma View Post
    I had a look at your site, I see a few errors on it which might be preventing the products from loading (they appear and disappear). That could be an unrelated issue, but you definitely have the issue below as well.

    on this page for instance: http://exodusjeeps.com/drivetrain/

    If you view source, you will see lines 4008-4047 are executing jQuery, all the stuff which starts with $(...)

    However, you don't include jQuery until line 4220, which results in several errors:

    Screen Shot 2018-01-28 at 9.46.44 PM.png
    Hmmm, I’ll have someone check it out. Thanks


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  8. #28
    Fresh Catch Exuma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Exodus Jeeps View Post
    Hmmm, I’ll have someone check it out. Thanks


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    NP. I saved your information, I'm sure you're super busy so I don't want to bother you with (dumb) questions if I'm still about 1-2 months away from buying -- but when the time comes I'll see about ordering everything I need through you rather than ExtremeTurdRain. Ive researched you on here and online and you have lots of good reviews!

    Edit: I will also need someone to help me install everything, which I am sure you do as well. I live in CA so I could potentially ship the jeep on a truck or maybe drive it. I will figure out the logistics closer to when the time comes.
    Last edited by Exuma; 01-29-2018 at 04:47 PM.

  9. #29
    Addict GraniteCrystal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    6,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Exuma View Post
    All very good points. I definitely won't be buying from ET after reading some other replies.

    I've done a lot of research but there is also an insane amount of information. At some point my brain fills up and I start forgetting the first things I learned

    Thanks for the no-bs Feedback
    You're welcome Thanks for actually asking and listening to feedback. Most guys just want to be told what they want to hear. Keep asking questions. Lots of good info on here.

  10. #30
    Fresh Catch Exuma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by GraniteCrystal View Post
    You're welcome Thanks for actually asking and listening to feedback. Most guys just want to be told what they want to hear. Keep asking questions. Lots of good info on here.
    THanks man.

    I do actually have 1 more question... where is a good site to view good quality photos of products (that aren't from shitty brands). That's mostly why I used Extreme Terrain in the past was big high quality comparison photos, but now I need to find something new I can "browse". I tried 4wheelparts but it's kind of meh, I don't know if they are turd bags either.

    Are there 2-3 sites that just house really good american made parts, and lots of them, so I can check out different bumper styles etc. My current method is to go through tons of videos but its time consuming.
    Last edited by Exuma; 01-29-2018 at 05:17 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. "Dream" Build 2017
    By krdadlamb in forum Member Jeep Builds
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-22-2016, 03:36 PM
  2. Rockacon jeep dream build part one by ore!!!
    By ROCKACON in forum Member Jeep Builds
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 01-02-2015, 01:59 AM
  3. My "Dream Build" w/ 40", Rock Jock 60's, Atlas, etc..
    By Kpalas in forum Member Jeep Builds
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 09-12-2014, 03:08 PM
  4. CA Dream, '13 JK 2 Door build
    By TJFIT in forum Member Jeep Builds
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 04-13-2014, 10:38 PM
  5. Dream build
    By mackey in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 02-20-2013, 04:53 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
“wayoflife” is a moniker that I’ve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS