Question regarding sway bars

Battle Born JK

Ok so im still new at wheeling but my question is there anyway to make my rear end more comfortable while wheeling I disconnect my front swaybar and the front feels like a Cadillac but the rear sucks. I do not have aftermarket rear control arms. Will those help? And I was thinking currie anti rocks? Thanks for the help.

Battle Born JK

Thanks exodus jeeps for replying. Well I have a rampage bumper a 315 70 17 bfg ko2 tire and a pro comp rockwell wheel and a cooler with ice,water, a couple sodas and a few beers. And a tool bag. Basics. Thats about it

Exodus 4x4

Lol, sounds normal. Antirock isn’t going to help the way it feels and neither will different control arms. Honestly though the front is always going to ride smoother compared to the rear because it’s heavier, if that makes sense. Not sure what kind of lift your running but if you have running something with stiffer springs then obviously that’s going to play a part in it as well.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Battle Born JK

Lol, sounds normal. Antirock isn’t going to help the way it feels and neither will different control arms. Honestly though the front is always going to ride smoother compared to the rear because it’s heavier, if that makes sense. Not sure what kind of lift your running but if you have running something with stiffer springs then obviously that’s going to play a part in it as well.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Thanks I am running rk 3.5 coils amd fox adventure shocks.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I don't recommend it but if you want proof that your rear sway bar IS NOT causing your ride discomfort, temporarily remove it.

A VAST majority of ride comfort comes from your coils. More than likely, the soft portion of your dual rate coils is running solid and that's leaving you riding on the firm side. This is a common problem with dual, triple and variable rate coils.

Battle Born JK

I don't recommend it but if you want proof that your rear sway bar IS NOT causing your ride discomfort, temporarily remove it.

A VAST majority of ride comfort comes from your coils. More than likely, the soft portion of your dual rate coils is running solid and that's leaving you riding on the firm side. This is a common problem with dual, triple and variable rate coils.
Thanks I will do that and go on a short trip

BaddestCross

Rear "comfort" is a tough thing to chase. I swapped coils twice, played with my shock setting a bunch, and ended up adding an additional spacer. The weight you carry, the spring stiffness, and the shocks all have to be tuned to work together.

I think I've finally gotten mine figured out, but every rig is going to be different. Good luck! 🍻

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Top Bottom