EVO Rock Slider Question

I welded on the EVO sliders this weekend to the frame. However, I cannot get the gun at the angle I want to weld the top part of the plate. At first, I thought I had them too high. I don’t. The mounting plates are square on the frame. Anyone else have any tips on your experience and resolution?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
I welded on the EVO sliders this weekend to the frame. However, I cannot get the gun at the angle I want to weld the top part of the plate. At first, I thought I had them too high. I don’t. The mounting plates are square on the frame. Anyone else have any tips on your experience and resolution?

The mobile welder I had weld mine on was cussin up a storm trying to get at the tops of the mounts on the frame. I kept pestering him that he had to get those spots, but honestly there are a couple small places that he couldn't get to, like maybe a 1/4" or 1/2" at the top on a couple of the mounts. I'm not gonna tell you that its OK, even though mine aren't completely done, but so far so good.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
If you can’t get to it then you just can’t do it. May just be a difference in mig guns. I was able to get all the way around mine. If you have access to another gun maybe try that. Or if you’re concerned and have access to a stick machine, you could bend the rod to get in there. But my opinion is if you’ve got 95% of it and plus the rosette welds, you’ll be good to go.

If you can’t get to it then you just can’t do it. May just be a difference in mig guns. I was able to get all the way around mine. If you have access to another gun maybe try that. Or if you’re concerned and have access to a stick machine, you could bend the rod to get in there. But my opinion is if you’ve got 95% of it and plus the rosette welds, you’ll be good to go.

Thanks All. Yea, the gun just won’t fit and the welds up top are ugly as all get out. I’m more concerned about moisture getting behind it really.

I plug welded the holes too so it’s definitely on there and NOT coming off!

WJCO

Meme King
Thanks All. Yea, the gun just won’t fit and the welds up top are ugly as all get out. I’m more concerned about moisture getting behind it really.

I plug welded the holes too so it’s definitely on there and NOT coming off!

I've had weld areas like that that are hard to reach. Just get some Permatex Undercoating in a spray can or FlexSeal, and soak it. It may take two codes, but it will be thick enough to fill in the seam and seal it. It drys black so it won't be an eye sore either.

I've had weld areas like that that are hard to reach. Just get some Permatex Undercoating in a spray can or FlexSeal, and soak it. It may take two codes, but it will be thick enough to fill in the seam and seal it. It drys black so it won't be an eye sore either.

Thanks. JB Weld an option?

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
Like speedy said, a good way to get in there is using stick. Just bend the end of the rod about 4" from the end. Burn it on, bend again and move on to the next.

Or just get something in there to seal the moisture out and forget about it.

Top Bottom