Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: RECOMMENDED BUY : Mac's Trail D-Vise - A Trail Tool Everyone Should Have

I was working on a welding project today and couldn't find a large enough clamp for what I needed. Well, this worked, lol.

IMG_20180318_155347_075.jpg
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    I was working on a welding project today and couldn't find a large enough clamp for what I needed. Well, this worked, lol.

IMG_20180318_155347_075.jpg
    Ingenuity for the win! What are you making?

Quote Originally Posted by sipafz View Post
    What are you making?
    A buddy designed this thing for a snowplow for a small tractor. I don't know all the details but told him I'd help. He requested that top part be clamped during welding so it didn't warp, the fit tolerance was really tight as is. Glad I did too, that long center part is 3/8" thick. HD shit and got really hot.

IMG_20180318_162458_050.jpg
    Last edited by WJCO; 03-18-2018 at 10:25 PM.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.

A buddy designed this thing for a snowplow for a small tractor. I don't know all the details but told him I'd help. He requested that top part be clamped during welding so it didn't warp, the fit tolerance was really tight as is. Glad I did too, that long center part is 3/8" thick. HD shit and got really hot.

IMG_20180318_162458_050.jpg
    How does that Ready Welder work out for you? I've been considering getting one to use in my garage and to also have to throw in my Jeep.

Quote Originally Posted by whispike View Post
    How does that Ready Welder work out for you? I've been considering getting one to use in my garage and to also have to throw in my Jeep.
    Works well. I only used it on this project because the steel was 3/8" thick on that center part. I used it for a good 40 minutes that day and the batteries were still almost fully charged. Been happy with it. Truthfully, this welder burns a lot hotter than anything that would be necessary for a trail repair IMO, but any welder is better than no welder if it were needed.

Simply awesome

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678