Lift advice

WJCO

Meme King
Hey guys I just installed a zone lift kit on my 97 Jeep TJ . What kind of issues should expect to encounter. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

If it's anything like the Zone kit that was on my wj, the bushings on the shocks and control arms will fail soon, the track bar won't stay tight, the ride will be a little stiff at first then really bouncey and wavy. But the price is right for a cheap, complete kit. I tolerated it for a couple years before I slowly upgraded parts to better quality ones. Let us know how the road test goes.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I just finished it up today I haven’t drove it .

The wise ass answer wasn’t necessary!

I didn’t ask for any pompous answers

Relax Mitch. Or Jenny. You ask an open ended question with no information. What would you expect people to say?

“Oh watch out for the passenger side bolt. That one is rusted on there pretty good.”

MitchandJenny

If it's anything like the Zone kit that was on my wj, the bushings on the shocks and control arms will fail soon, the track bar won't stay tight, the ride will be a little stiff at first then really bouncey and wavy. But the price is right for a cheap, complete kit. I tolerated it for a couple years before I slowly upgraded parts to better quality ones. Let us know how the road test goes.

Ok thanks I will do that

FallonJeeper

Expect to recheck/retorque everything.

Be aware of the change in center of gravity. Turn carefully until you get used to it.

longarmwj

After your first 500 Miles check and re-torque anything that you touched. If a wrench was on it, check it. It’s gonna ride different, and it’ll be much much more top heavy. Other then that, like WJCO said the bushings on those kits wear out. If I recall, I think i read something that said they are made in the same factory as Rough Country parts

J06Pwrangler

Yes, make sure you check every bolt and tighten it again. I had a issue with my drag link after a few hundred miles. The bolt was loose already. Found a few others too. Everything kinda shifts around a bit, and settles. Other then that. Just enjoy it!

PT1400

I didn’t ask for any pompous answers

Ask a dickhead question, get a dickhead answer!

In all seriousness, take it to an alignment shop and stop screwing around. What you'll be out another $100 after spending how much on the lift? Its an investment in not having to replace something because the alignment wasn't done at all.

Top Bottom