$250 for tire swing
$150 for front bumper
$200 for rear bumper
$100 for inner fender liners
Fair? Or Rip off?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

fiend

Caught the Bug
Stock colors are much cheaper than custom. I had my wheels done last year. $40 each and $10 for each ring (different color). Judging by that, I’d say the prices you were quoted are on the high side of reasonable if you’re doing a standard color. Reasonable if special order.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I dunno. If you're getting all that done at the same time, I would think you should be able to get it for less especially if it's all the same color. I've been able to get a set of wheels powder coated for $100. I've gotten a CJ roll bar and a host of misc other pieces done for about $200.

benatc1

Hooked
I remember having the options of 2 colors of black that looked exactly the same but one was half the price, I can’t remember the difference between the 2 but check to make sure they don’t have a cheaper option of the same color/shine.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I dunno. If you're getting all that done at the same time, I would think you should be able to get it for less especially if it's all the same color. I've been able to get a set of wheels powder coated for $100. I've gotten a CJ roll bar and a host of misc other pieces done for about $200.
Good point, I was thinking one at a time on pricing.

zimm

Caught the Bug
I'm done with powder coating. Paid $250 for the poison spyder front bumper. All the seams rusted and I had to use rustoeum. Paid $200 for my gen right rear bumper and it's pealing off. Again, rustoleum to the rescue.

I painted my rock hard cage with rustoleum satin black yesterday. 2 cans, so $8.00. Also did the same for my evo cage and sliders. Easier to touch up, just as tough, and CHEAP.

View attachment 291989

RUBEERCON

I have a 350 hook powder line and batch ovens. Those prices are on the high end but not considered unfair. If anything needs paint, old powder or rust removed they will add blasting into the cost. New raw metal parts are cheaper when they are ran through a phosphate wash and rinse only before the powder application.

Base and custom colors are close in price if it’s only one coat, some custom paints are a 2 part process using a tinted clear over another color. Custom masking for multiple colors on one part can get expensive.

Call around and get quotes. You may have to call out of town or out of state to research pricing. Some guys post prices on their websites for common items.

Poly powders will last for years if the painter used a process to promote adhesion. Just like in wet paints UV rays will shorten the life of powder coatings.

Hope this helps.
Steve

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Thread revival... got quoted $450 for evo bombers and skins, or $550 if I want a primer first. Never had anything powder coated before so I have no idea what a fair price is, especially being that I’m in Hawaii and I know they have to ship their material here. Also, dude said he wants to use prismatic powders “card black”. Hard to tell from the pictures but would that color work? There are only 2 shops on island, both of which are 2 hours away so not many options here.

https://www.prismaticpowders.com/gallery/12791/powder-coated-jeep-wheels

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

wjtstudios

Hooked
Thread revival... got quoted $450 for evo bombers and skins, or $550 if I want a primer first. Never had anything powder coated before so I have no idea what a fair price is, especially being that I’m in Hawaii and I know they have to ship their material here. Also, dude said he wants to use prismatic powders “card black”. Hard to tell from the pictures but would that color work? There are only 2 shops on island, both of which are 2 hours away so not many options here.

https://www.prismaticpowders.com/gallery/12791/powder-coated-jeep-wheels

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

I was just quoted $400 to have my rockhard skids blasted and powder coated. No primer and a textured black finish.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

jdofmemi

I was quoted about $300 for a front stubby bumper.

Out came the rattle cans and it was black for under $20, and easy to touch up.

I grind mine on too many things to pay that much.

Top Bottom