Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: VIDEO : Cooper Tire STT PRO Performance - 2 Years of Testing Out on the Trail

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

VIDEO : Cooper Tire STT PRO Performance - 2 Years of Testing Out on the Trail

Now that it's been about 2 years since Cindy and I first started running Cooper Discoverer STT Pro tires, we thought it might be a good idea to post up a review of how they've been holding up and more importantly, how they perform out on the trail. But then, we got thinking that maybe the better thing to do, is to show all that we've been able to do with them and let you decide for yourself. In this short video, you'll get to see both Moby and Rubicat putting their STT Pros to the test, out on the rocks and up in the snow and in places like the Great Basin and Mojave Deserts, Sierra Nevada Mountains and of course, Moab, Utah. We hope you enjoy.

For those of you who are giving the Cooper Discoverer STT Pros a look for the very first time, you should know that this is the most advanced and extreme tire they've made to date. In addition to their aggressive 3-2 center rib design and shoulder lugs Cooper likes to call "side-biters", the STT Pro comes with an all new silica tread compound and features improved sidewall strength utilizing their proprietary 3-Ply Armor-Tek3. Of course, what Cindy and I love most about Cooper Tires is that they're all made right here in the U.S.A.

Clearly, there's a lot of things we didn't cover in the video or at least, in terms of a "review" but we were kind of hoping to have an open discussion about it here and so, if you have questions, please ask away

Cooper Discoverer STT Pro Tires

Cooper Discoverer STT Pro All-Terrain Radial Tire - 40X13.50R17
    Cooper Discoverer STT Pro All-Terrain Radial Tire - 37X13.5R17
    Cooper Discoverer STT Pro All-Terrain Radial Tire - 37X12.5R17
    Cooper Discoverer STT Pro All-Terrain Radial Tire - LT315/70R17

Very cool video, nice recap! I loved my STT Pros, certainly the direction Iíll go once Iím back in the game

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks for putting this together and thanks for recommending them along the way. These tires are sweet and couldn't be happier with them. I've probably run 20 trails since I got them and love the performance.

DSC07424.jpg
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Awesome vid! Seeing your videos and others running these on the trail have solidified these as my next purchase. Now I just need to wear my current shoes out first 😁

aka cavfighter

Caught the Bug
    How is the highway performanace/Daily Drive? I swap the 07 for 17 so need new tires

Quote Originally Posted by benatc1 View Post
    Very cool video, nice recap! I loved my STT Pros, certainly the direction Iíll go once Iím back in the game
    Yes! You need to get back in the game and soon!!

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Thanks for putting this together and thanks for recommending them along the way. These tires are sweet and couldn't be happier with them. I've probably run 20 trails since I got them and love the performance.
    It's always great to hear someone really happy with something that I've been able to recommend

Quote Originally Posted by TRLJNKY View Post
    Awesome vid! Seeing your videos and others running these on the trail have solidified these as my next purchase. Now I just need to wear my current shoes out first 😁
    LOL!! I hope you hurry up and wear out what you have now if only because it'll mean you're getting out with your Jeep

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    Great video. A set of these are definitely in the future. By the way, every time I see those Chamber Pros, I want some!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Thatís a great video! Good hilights of a lot of areas.
    2007 White JK Rubicon Unlimited

EVO Long Arm
    EVO Front Coilover System
    Rear EVO Lever System
    w/14" King Coilover Shocks
    Tires: 40x15.5x20 Toyo Open Country MT's,
    20" Spyderlock Beadlock Wheels
    PSC Ram Steering Assist
    Dynatrac Pro Rock 60 Front Axle w/Competition Shafts & CTM U-Joints
    Dynatrac Pro Rock 60 Rear Axle
    Atlas 4 Speed Transfer Case
    Rock Hard Roll Cage
    Warn Dual Force Winch
    EVO Front bumper 1/4lb w/ Stringer
    Lo D Rear Bumper
    My Pictures: http://trailbud.smugmug.com/

Quote Originally Posted by notnalc68 View Post
    Great video. A set of these are definitely in the future. By the way, every time I see those Chamber Pros, I want some!
    LOL!! Definitely a great combo

Quote Originally Posted by taher2.1 View Post
    How is the highway performanace/Daily Drive? I swap the 07 for 17 so need new tires
    They're great on the highway and don't have the radial pull that Trail Grapplers have. Also, they seem to be wearing really nicely. They are a bit more audible than something like Toyo MT's but they absolutely rock on snowy and icy roads.

Quote Originally Posted by Trail Bud View Post
    Thatís a great video! Good hilights of a lot of areas.
    Glad you liked it - we need to get you out there with us more

Cool Video.... Cooper STT Pro in 35x12.5x17 will be my next Tire! Can't Wait!

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast