VIDEO : Cooper Tire STT PRO Performance - 2 Years of Testing Out on the Trail

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Now that it's been about 2 years since Cindy and I first started running Cooper Discoverer STT Pro tires, we thought it might be a good idea to post up a review of how they've been holding up and more importantly, how they perform out on the trail. But then, we got thinking that maybe the better thing to do, is to show all that we've been able to do with them and let you decide for yourself. In this short video, you'll get to see both Moby and Rubicat putting their STT Pros to the test, out on the rocks and up in the snow and in places like the Great Basin and Mojave Deserts, Sierra Nevada Mountains and of course, Moab, Utah. We hope you enjoy. :cool:

For those of you who are giving the Cooper Discoverer STT Pros a look for the very first time, you should know that this is the most advanced and extreme tire they've made to date. In addition to their aggressive 3-2 center rib design and shoulder lugs Cooper likes to call "side-biters", the STT Pro comes with an all new silica tread compound and features improved sidewall strength utilizing their proprietary 3-Ply Armor-Tek3. Of course, what Cindy and I love most about Cooper Tires is that they're all made right here in the U.S.A.

Clearly, there's a lot of things we didn't cover in the video or at least, in terms of a "review" but we were kind of hoping to have an open discussion about it here and so, if you have questions, please ask away :yup:

Cooper Discoverer STT Pro Tires
<iframe style="width:120px;height:240px;" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="//ws-na.amazon-adsystem.com/widgets/q?ServiceVersion=20070822&OneJS=1&Operation=GetAdHtml&MarketPlace=US&source=ss&ref=as_ss_li_til&ad_type=product_link&tracking_id=wayalifeparts-20&marketplace=amazon&region=US&placement=B06XJMMYKB&asins=B06XJMMYKB&linkId=349eff8076ea4033f9a72eeeb0d62ff7&show_border=true&link_opens_in_new_window=true"></iframe> <iframe style="width:120px;height:240px;" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="//ws-na.amazon-adsystem.com/widgets/q?ServiceVersion=20070822&OneJS=1&Operation=GetAdHtml&MarketPlace=US&source=ss&ref=as_ss_li_til&ad_type=product_link&tracking_id=wayalifeparts-20&marketplace=amazon&region=US&placement=B017XTYPP6&asins=B017XTYPP6&linkId=c6528d1debdf4eef099075934df12b6c&show_border=true&link_opens_in_new_window=true"></iframe> <iframe style="width:120px;height:240px;" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="//ws-na.amazon-adsystem.com/widgets/q?ServiceVersion=20070822&OneJS=1&Operation=GetAdHtml&MarketPlace=US&source=ss&ref=as_ss_li_til&ad_type=product_link&tracking_id=wayalifeparts-20&marketplace=amazon&region=US&placement=B017XTXBP6&asins=B017XTXBP6&linkId=8361a3b5d94457f8f4cf197f56b8b09e&show_border=true&link_opens_in_new_window=true"></iframe> <iframe style="width:120px;height:240px;" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="//ws-na.amazon-adsystem.com/widgets/q?ServiceVersion=20070822&OneJS=1&Operation=GetAdHtml&MarketPlace=US&source=ss&ref=as_ss_li_til&ad_type=product_link&tracking_id=wayalifeparts-20&marketplace=amazon&region=US&placement=B017XTV8C4&asins=B017XTV8C4&linkId=da385dd78976e982b6ea4f172dce7205&show_border=true&link_opens_in_new_window=true"></iframe>

Cooper Discoverer STT Pro All-Terrain Radial Tire - 40X13.50R17
Cooper Discoverer STT Pro All-Terrain Radial Tire - 37X13.5R17
Cooper Discoverer STT Pro All-Terrain Radial Tire - 37X12.5R17
Cooper Discoverer STT Pro All-Terrain Radial Tire - LT315/70R17

:thumb:

WJCO

Meme King
Thanks for putting this together and thanks for recommending them along the way. These tires are sweet and couldn't be happier with them. I've probably run 20 trails since I got them and love the performance.

DSC07424.jpg

TRLJNKY

Awesome vid! Seeing your videos and others running these on the trail have solidified these as my next purchase. Now I just need to wear my current shoes out first 😁

aka cavfighter

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Very cool video, nice recap! I loved my STT Pros, certainly the direction I’ll go once I’m back in the game

Yes! You need to get back in the game and soon!! :thumb:

Thanks for putting this together and thanks for recommending them along the way. These tires are sweet and couldn't be happier with them. I've probably run 20 trails since I got them and love the performance.

It's always great to hear someone really happy with something that I've been able to recommend :thumb:

Awesome vid! Seeing your videos and others running these on the trail have solidified these as my next purchase. Now I just need to wear my current shoes out first 😁

LOL!! I hope you hurry up and wear out what you have now if only because it'll mean you're getting out with your Jeep :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great video. A set of these are definitely in the future. By the way, every time I see those Chamber Pros, I want some!

LOL!! Definitely a great combo :yup:

How is the highway performanace/Daily Drive? I swap the 07 for 17 so need new tires

They're great on the highway and don't have the radial pull that Trail Grapplers have. Also, they seem to be wearing really nicely. They are a bit more audible than something like Toyo MT's but they absolutely rock on snowy and icy roads.

That’s a great video! Good hilights of a lot of areas.

Glad you liked it - we need to get you out there with us more :thumb:

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
I've been nothing but happy with my Coopers. If was to have any complaint at all it would be that they get louder on pavement the more they wear. Very minor complaint.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sithwindu

How many miles have you put on them so far? Iv loved my nitto mud grapplers but they haven’t been wearing the best, burn through them quick! Was considering the ridge grapplersor these! Iv heard nothing but good things about these tires!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Clark Griswold

I have had mine over a year and am very happy with them, great looking tire as well. My buddy is the product manager for these tires and others at Cooper so I sent him the link to your video, I am sure he will be impressed.

Sent from my VS987 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Cool Video.... Cooper STT Pro in 35x12.5x17 will be my next Tire! Can't Wait!

I think you'll like them a lot.

Awesome video guys! I loved my STT Pros’s on my Ford F-350. Can’t wait to put them on my JKU! They definitely rock!

They really do rock - been super happy with ours too :yup:

I've been nothing but happy with my Coopers. If was to have any complaint at all it would be that they get louder on pavement the more they wear. Very minor complaint.

In all fairness, ALL mud terrains get louder with wear. Rotating often helps to mitigate it but not eliminate it. Definitely a legit complaint though.

How many miles have you put on them so far? Iv loved my nitto mud grapplers but they haven’t been wearing the best, burn through them quick! Was considering the ridge grapplersor these! Iv heard nothing but good things about these tires!!

We had about 15k on Rubicat's 37's before we bumped up to 40's. Moby has about 18k on his 40's now. So far so good :yup:

Top Bottom