In case you need another reason to avoid Rough Country

longarmwj

A friend of mine just sent me this picture. Despite me warning him not to go with a Rough Country lift, he did anyway. He has less than a thousand miles on this lift and his not taken it wheeling once. And driving down the road, the control arm snapped off the mount.
Image1517691994.493300.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Doesn’t the RC Long Arm come with new control arm brackets?

That looks like the axle bracket that broke off, not the frame bracket. Also based on the mount that is still attached to the frame, this doesn't look like a longarm kit. A long arm kit would have a mounting bracket further back.

If he hasn't even gone off-road yet, I would love to know how that broke. Wonder if the arms are the same length or not.

longarmwj

That looks like the axle bracket that broke off, not the frame bracket. Also based on the mount that is still attached to the frame, this doesn't look like a longarm kit. A long arm kit would have a mounting bracket further back.

If he hasn't even gone off-road yet, I would love to know how that broke. Wonder if the arms are the same length or not.

It’s for sure a longarm kit because it’s a 6 inch and the only one they make for the Jk is a long arm.

Now the questions should be asked to the shop who installed it I think.

longarmwj

Just checked the website, they do make a short arm lift!! However the shop told him he was getting a long arm lift and he paid for a long arm.

I was totally unaware that they made a short arm 6 inch lift!

Guess we should change the name from avoiding Rough Country to avoiding lying shops.

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Just checked ours. Your buddy definitely got a short arm kit. Does Rough country really make a 6 inch short arm kit? Or did the shop just say that?

IMG_20180203_154946_979.jpg

Houndy95

Like others have said. That sure looks a lot like a short arm kit vs a long arm kit. It also looks a lot like the mount off the axle side not the frame, so I don’t know how that would be a rough country issue. Not that it wouldn’t surprise me, having run rough country on my XJ, their stuff doesn’t hold up.

longarmwj

Their long arm kit is radius arms. That is not a radius arm.

Yea I just looked at their site and saw that. I’ve never looked at RC stuff to heavily for obvious reasons lol. I knew about their LA kit but never knew they had a SA kit as well

I guess now it’s a matter of 1: why the shop sold him a “long arm” kit, yet they installed a short arm, and 2: what caused the bracket to snap off while driving.

Top Bottom