Leak, Help.

Working on my jeep today I noticed a leak/ drip. Looking for advice/ help wrt fixing it. Thanks.

Thanks. View attachment 292063

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Looks like oil to me. It could also be transmission fluid from the rear main seal, but that would be reddish in color. I had a leak in the same spot and it turned out to be my oil pan gasket. Replaced myself in a few hours and hasn’t leaked again.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

dba10ajk

Worst case i would say rear main seal on the engine but looks like the oil has traveled backwards. That looks like an inspection cover . If so you could remove that to see if its coming from there

Sent from my SM-G930P using WAYALIFE mobile app

jsukey

I had the same looking leak a year and a half ago. I thought it might be the rear main seal. I decided to go ahead and do the clutch at the same time since I was still on OE and over 100k miles. The rear main was dry once we got the trans dropped. Turned out to be the oil pan gasket. From what I’ve read, the rear main seal is not a common part to fail on our JK’s. 9 times out of 10, it’s the oil pan gasket. It was around $35 from the dealer when I did it. Hasn’t leaked a drop since.

Fuhaxian

Had the same leak in my 2010 JK.

When the clutch went out I decided to get the rear main replaced at the same time. Leak still occurred. Turned out to be the upper oil pan gasket. You will have to remove the transmission cover in order to access a few bolts but besides that it's a super simple job. The only difficult part was keeping my arms up as long as I had too

Top Bottom