Bumper or no bumper?

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
Ok so iv been thinking about changing things up and getting ride of some weight. I have a smittybilt XRC rear bumper and was trying to decide if I want to keep it or sell it and run the Evo fascia or just nothing at all. Pros I will get ride of a ton of weight, have better departure angles and I can mount my reverse lights to the frame rail like a lot of you guys have done. Cons the only thing I can think of is crushing the rear corner panels by having them exposed. I know that most people have not had a problem with that but something that I was thinking about. Also I don’t want to run the smittybilt bumpers anymore I would love to get the evo quarter pounder with stinger next.
IMG_1736.jpg
IMG_1770.jpg
IMG_1738.jpg
IMG_1790.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Several members here run with no bumper and have no issues. Iirc, this question has come up before and only one person had hit the corner and barely bent the pinch seam.

deadguy

No bumper here. Made some tabs for tow points to cover the holes and done. IMG_20171104_100334903.jpg

sent from a guy with a Jeep

GraniteCrystal

If you've already chosen to have a tire carrier not mounted to the bumper, then I'd ditch the bumper and put on the fascia and some corners. I'd do the same but my carrier mounts to my bumper.

Bear_JT

Hooked
I went with the EVO rear fascia. I really like the way it looks, but as for rear lighting I’m going to have to go with the Rigid reverse lights which have a thinner profile than something like the D2’s because of rear door clearance. Image1517765100.493698.jpg

Edit: as for the corners, EVO rear corner skins will be on soon.

TrailHunter

Hooked
I think the EVO fascia with D-Rings is a clean look. Especially with bigger tires and trimmed fenders which you already have... If you think about it, the stock bumpers are basically hollow plastic from factory, so the protection is minimal.

I Just did mine:
IMG_6238.jpg

fiend

Caught the Bug
Subjective issue. No bumper looks unfinished to me. Plus there’s no place to rest your drink.

desertrunner

In my personal opinion no rear bumper looks unfinished to me. The evo facia and shackles looks better but still looks unfinished without corner armor. It is pretty subjective though. I'm toying with the same thought to possibly ditch the rear bumper and go with the facia and the evo gate carrier but I'm not sold quite yet. On some rigs with big tires it looks pretty aggressive though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
Just wondering is it possible to have the factory hitch on upside down for more ground clearance? I won’t be towing anything just there so I can use my spare tire skid. When I made my carrier I raised the tire pretty high for more ground clearance but was wondering if it can work or will the holes not line up?

catahoula

Caught the Bug
We run same tires and I installed the EVO fascia. The spare is really tight up against the third brake light and the fascia. Might be a better option with replacement gate carrier.

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom