Is cutting you off THEN slamming on the brakes a gesture of driving too slow??

Driving into work today, they same route I've taken for years. In the right hand lane, doing 90KM/hr, holding my own lane, not blocking anyone from merging, no tire spray, listening to music minding my own business.

It's -10C, and traffic will slow up ahead, like it does every morning, so I feel I'm driving for the conditions.

Out of no were a white 4 door Audi passes me, partly in my lane, cuts me off within inch's of my bumper. THEN the A$$hat hits hits his brakes, slows both of us down to 50KM/hr.

THEN buggers off to the left merge lane to catch the opposite off ramp we both were on. No impact or issues there.

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I racked my brain to think what I did to pi$$ this guy off.

All I got is I was going too slow for him....in the right lane. Guess this is the international gesture to say speed up?!?! Any ideas?

I have no idea, but have faith in Karma.

Time for a dash cam I think

JeepJeep75

Absolutely get yourself a dash cam!!! With the way people drive, and the accountability that strangers have now, having that dash cam explains everything instantly to an outside source (police, insurance, the other asshat....). With a dash cam, there is no argument. Most have GPS with speed reference. In webejeepin’s situation, he could’ve parked his Jeep in that fucktards trunk and had no worries about explaining anything. Just my $0.02....

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
Dashcam for sure....this guy was just an asshole. Too bad he didn't wreck (without injury to him or anyone else) and he would have had to explain that to his insurance...."well you see I was being a jackass..."

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks guys for the replies....ya I'm now researching dash cams, and camera placements in our JKs.

Sad you need to do so, what ever happened to the old saying ...share the road.

Agreed, seeing this a$$ spun out all by himself in the snow bank would have been priceless.

My son who is a new driver, and a careful one....was passed in a non-passing zone in a School zone by a speeding BWM.....2 min down the road he passed the BWM who was pulled over by police.

BURN!!!!

Some people don't deserve the privilege of driving and should just take the bus!

III%er

Driving into work today, they same route I've taken for years. In the right hand lane, doing 90KM/hr, holding my own lane, not blocking anyone from merging, no tire spray, listening to music minding my own business.

It's -10C, and traffic will slow up ahead, like it does every morning, so I feel I'm driving for the conditions.

Out of no were a white 4 door Audi passes me, partly in my lane, cuts me off within inch's of my bumper. THEN the A$$hat hits hits his brakes, slows both of us down to 50KM/hr.

THEN buggers off to the left merge lane to catch the opposite off ramp we both were on. No impact or issues there.

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I racked my brain to think what I did to pi$$ this guy off.

All I got is I was going too slow for him....in the right lane. Guess this is the international gesture to say speed up?!?! Any ideas?

I have no idea, but have faith in Karma.

Time for a dash cam I think

Personally I don't think you did anything wrong, It sounds like a jealous or opportunist driver. My first clue is you refer to distance traveled and rate of speed in KM/hr which leads me to believe that you are in Europe, Canada, or someplace where you travel on the left-hand side of the road but forgive me if I'm wrong). My second clue was you said the driver cut you off while in your lane and then hit the brakes slowing you 40 KM/hr. and then of course my third clue was... They were driving an Audi, of course they were jealous! :driving: All the fun and games aside it really sounds like insurance fraud. Just my 0.02. so yes, get that dash and reverse cam ASAP. Good luck on you next commute.

Personally I don't think you did anything wrong, It sounds like a jealous or opportunist driver. My first clue is you refer to distance traveled and rate of speed in KM/hr which leads me to believe that you are in Europe, Canada, or someplace where you travel on the left-hand side of the road but forgive me if I'm wrong). My second clue was you said the driver cut you off while in your lane and then hit the brakes slowing you 40 KM/hr. and then of course my third clue was... They were driving an Audi, of course they were jealous! :driving: All the fun and games aside it really sounds like insurance fraud. Just my 0.02. so yes, get that dash and reverse cam ASAP. Good luck on you next commute.
Yes, Canadian, and we drive on the right hand side. Thanks for the reply.

Sounds like he was trying to get you to hit him so he could collect the insurance.

Sent from my Pixel using WAYALIFE mobile app
At first I thought he was pi$$ed I was driving for the road conditions, and had no clue my bumpers are not made of the same plastic his are....and if I did hit his little Audi his bumpers would emplod.

Then I wonder the same as you, insurance fraud, have me hit him, as he knew what my steel bumpers would do his ride in.

It does teach you to be even more aware of A$$hats.

Exhale, wheel on, turn up the tunes, and get my dash cam installed, collect evidence as required.

Karma will take care of the rest.

Top Bottom