JL Wrangler Hard Top Blemish - What Would You Do?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, I'm probably being a whiny ass bitch but after spending just over $50k on our JL Wrangler, I'm kinda pissed to find my hard top has a significant blemish on it. At first, I just thought it was just dust or some kind of greasy smudge but after trying to clean it with water and even a mild detergent, the blemish is still there. This is what it looks like.

20180205183946-f4a2b22d.jpg

20180205183941-8cde8790.jpg

I don't know what the hell it is but it's pretty disappointing to have and annoying as hell to look at. :(
So, my question to all of you is, should we just suck it up or bitch about it? What would you do?

TRLJNKY

Id take that shit back. Thats def noticeable. Spent way to much for that. At least give them the chance to make it right. Not saying its the dealers fault but at least document and put a fix in process

aka cavfighter

fiend

Caught the Bug
Definitely take it back to the dealership and demand that they fix it. For $50k+, that’s disappointing and you should not have to accept it.

Whitarmy

Me personally, I would just hit it with some back to black or other trim restorer. But that is cause I’m too lazy to deal with the dealer. My dad would have already been back to the dealer to have them fix it. Does it look like dried cleaner from the dealer or actual scuffs? Hard to tell in the pic

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

SSRuger

If it was me I would take it over to the stealership and have them fix it. Or try and make a sweet third brake light to mount right there. Either way a brand new vehicle should not have something like that wrong.

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Maineiac

That's very noticeable, and quite large. I would go back to them and just ask them to replace it. 50k and brand spanky new I wouldn't settle for them trying to have Mad Max their "ace" technician try to fix it. Good luck and keep your cool while in there.. I'm sure they will take care of it :)

Sent from my Pixel XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Almost looks like someone tried to clean something off of it and damaged the finish.

That's kinda what I was thinking. Feels smooth to the touch and like the black paint was wiped with a rag covered in paint thinner or something.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I’d take it back. At about 5:08 in the video you can kind of see some discoloration but it’s hard with the light and camera angle.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I’d take it back. At about 5:08 in the video you can kind of see some discoloration but it’s hard with the light and camera angle.

I had noticed it at the dealership when we were picking up our JL. I just didn't think it was a blemish - figured it was dust or a smudge of some kind. Looking at the video, I can kind of see it too. Bummer.

WJCO

Meme King
I would normally let it slide myself, but not only did you pay a pretty price for that, but this is a brand new model, and you ordered it as soon as you had the chance. They need to make this right IMO. And your picture here is proof that the spot was there while the dealer had possession of it:

IMG_20180205_180359_171.jpg

And being that you'll likely be selling the hard top, the buyer will notice it too and the value may be diminished because of it.

TrailHunter

Hooked
I would drop it off at the dealer, tell them to call me when the new one comes in, then throw the soft top on. Hopefully they honor the damage.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I would normally let it slide myself, but not only did you pay a pretty price for that, but this is a brand new model, and you ordered it as soon as you had the chance. They need to make this right IMO. And your picture here is proof that the spot was there while the dealer had possession of it:

And being that you'll likely be selling the hard top, the buyer will notice it too and the value may be diminished because of it.

Well shit. There it is... I just looked at the original and it shows up even more. Guess I'll be making a call. :rolleyes2:

jeeeep

Hooked
agree with all - take it back.

I'd want to be the one that causes the blemishes on my new Jeep :icon_crazy:

Top Bottom