VIDEO : JL JOURNAL - First Drive

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Being that Cindy and I ordered our brand new 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited sight unseen and well before any dealership had one on their lot, neither of us has had a chance to test drive one or at least, not until we took possession of it. In this episode of the JL Journal, you'll get to ride along with us as we take our JL out for its very first drive, up to Lake Tahoe and you'll even get to hear some of our initial impressions of it. We hope you enjoy.

JL JOURNAL is a WAYALIFE Production with a focus on the all new Jeep JL Wrangler. This YouTube video series will highlight every aspect of our Jeep JL Wrangler and of course, all the adventures that it takes us on. We hope that you'll follow us along on our journey.

Sessoms14X

Very cool video. Seeing these makes for a good substitute for what it can be like since I haven't been able to see or drive one yet. Dealers around here are a bit slow with getting them in. Thanks for this video you guys!! 👍

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Very cool video. Seeing these makes for a good substitute for what it can be like since I haven't been able to see or drive one yet. Dealers around here are a bit slow with getting them in. Thanks for this video you guys!! 👍

Awesome, glad to hear we can help share the experience with you :cool:

TrailHunter

Hooked
Seems so peaceful in that cab compared to other ride along videos... How did Cindy like driving it? You may need to buy another one or things could get complicated... lol

JAGS

Hooked
I can't say enough how much you guys are killing me. Lol.

But thanks for sharing the drive test with us. Seems like it's so far so good with all the new features.

Have you guys played around much with the infotainment system yet. Guess there is some question about the "off-road" setting and features availability. Jeep promoted on FB.

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
Great video Cindy and Eddie!

With as much as you both seem to like you JLUR, it may be hard to decide how to modify it...

I’m really glad you both like it so much! It makes me want to consider upgrading to one.:yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Seems so peaceful in that cab compared to other ride along videos... How did Cindy like driving it? You may need to buy another one or things could get complicated... lol

LOL!! Seriously - it's sooooo much quieter and peaceful inside. Cindy loves it too but I think Moby will always be her favorite. :cool:

I can't say enough how much you guys are killing me. Lol.

But thanks for sharing the drive test with us. Seems like it's so far so good with all the new features.

Have you guys played around much with the infotainment system yet. Guess there is some question about the "off-road" setting and features availability. Jeep promoted on FB.

We've started to and it is complicated for sure. Feels like piloting the Starship Enterprise. Definitely something you want to play with while parked :crazyeyes:

Great video!!!jealousy is reigning- that close to Tahoe and a new JL to drive. Thanks.

LOL! It's why we live where we live - so we can do things like that :yup:

Cool video and first impressions?

One question, what gear were you in at 3000 rpm going up the hill?

Oh, 8th most of the time - 7th when I wanted to pass or go faster. There were quite a few NHP on the highway so I was keeping it at about the speed limit, 55 - 60 MPH.

Dwhitt74

Great video! Although, I'm slightly disappointed in the missed Jeep wave opportunity at 1:38... Poor TJ.... Lol

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great video! Although, I'm slightly disappointed in the missed Jeep wave opportunity at 1:38... Poor TJ.... Lol

:grayno: Cindy pointed that out to me right after we passed him. I know it's not an excuse but I was preoccupied with talking to the camera. She had offered to edit out the scene but we both agreed to keep it in as it's what really happened. My apology for the missed opportunity.

mikesJK15

Nice job on the video! My wife has a grand Cherokee a lot of those features made it to the wrangler in the JL and your right the 8 speed with a 3.6 makes the engine seem much more powerful and responsive. Great job showing the features!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Rocralr

Congrats. It's way cool. If I did not need a truck and building a 2015 JKU I would be after the JLU. Thanks and enjoy....

benatc1

Hooked
Nice video! I’m enjoying following along. Love the feed back, Alex has the grand Cherokee with the 3.6 and 8 speed and it’s pretty peppy. Just need her to trade it in for a JL now lol!! Also the real question is, has Tessa been allowed in the JL yet???

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

drrags

I was ambivalent about the JL at first, but it is such a vast improvement over the JK that I feel that I just have to have one. Not sure when that will be, though. I'm liking it; thanks for the ride-along.

Top Bottom