VIDEO : JL JOURNAL - Q&A Tailgate Strength / Current Gear Setting / Auto Stop Start

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
VIDEO : JL JOURNAL - Q&A Tailgate Strength / Current Gear Setting / Auto Stop Start

Thanks to the great questions that we've been getting on JLWRANGLER.com, WAYALIFE.com and of course, on our WAYALIFE YouTube Channel, Cindy and I decided to start a whole new segment that answers some of these questions and all on video. In this episode, we highlight the JL Wrangler tailgate and show just how much thicker and stronger it is compared to a JK tailgate. We also took measurements to show just how tall a Rubicon model JL is at its highest point and compare it to a standard 7' garage header. Another question we address is how to set the dash on JL equipped with an automatic and to show what gear you're in. And finally, we demonstrate just how easy it is to disable the auto start/stop system on a JL.

We hope you find our JL Journal Q&A session helpful and if you have questions you'd like for us to answer, please let us know.

JL JOURNAL is a WAYALIFE Production with a focus on the all new Jeep JL Wrangler. This YouTube video series will highlight every aspect of our Jeep JL Wrangler and of course, all the adventures that it takes us on. We hope that you'll follow us along on our journey.

TrailHunter

Hooked
I still love my JK, I still love my JK, I still love my JK, I still love my JK, I want a JL, I want a JL, I want a JL.... Dam it!

jeeeep

Hooked
the JL has a lot to like about it...and I keep going back to the dealer to look at it!!! :doh::doh::doh:

these videos are not helping my Jeep addiction, the 1st step to recovery is to admit you have a problem hahahahaha

USAFafsocEW

The start stop feature does take some getting use to. Have it on my WK2 Trailhawk and I disable it every time. Yes, every time you get in and out of the jeep it resets. Wish there was a way to disable it in the Uconnect settings but there isn’t.

There is also some delay from the engine starting when I take my foot off of the brake to the gas. Not much but to me it is noticeable. Sometimes there is a little shutter when the engine stops and starts again on a quick stop and move.

If the A/C is on start stop will still function. If the cabin temp gets too high above the temp setting the engine will kick on again obviously to get the compressor going again. If the heater is on start stop will still stay off until your foot is let off of the brake.

I like the simplicity of my ‘07 JK but have been spoiled by the WK2 bells and whistles. Nice to know there won’t be too much of a learning curve when I finally get a JL.

Is the owners manual 3/4 of an inch thick? Most of the pages are just for the Uconnect system.

Love the videos. I’ll keep watching.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

:cheesy: Love it :D

the JL has a lot to like about it...and I keep going back to the dealer to look at it!!! :doh::doh::doh:

these videos are not helping my Jeep addiction, the 1st step to recovery is to admit you have a problem hahahahaha

:cheesy: Too funny. :yup:

Thanks for the info! Safe to assume you were in 5th gear at 3000 then?

Yes. The transmission loved 60 MPH and did it all the way to the top in 6th and at only 2600 RPM. I did it again but let off the gas about half way up and then set the cruise to at 52 MPH and revved up to 2800-3000 RPM and was in 5th.

Great video! It’s amazing how much thicker the tailgate is!

It's weird how the tailgate actually feels lighter but at the same time, feels so much more sturdy.

Andy5160

Hooked
Great segment guys and by all means keep it coming!!! My idea was to build a JK considering all the after market but now I am puzzled :thinking:

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
Another great informative video!

I will wait a few years to buy a JL...I just need to keep reminding myself of that.

benatc1

Hooked
Thanks for answering the questions, while I’m sure there will be many more it’s good to do it with a video the way you are rather than continuing to type the same responses !!

longarmwj

I feel like after I get my tax returns my bank account is going to be giving me a massive middle finger....but my driveway will be happy and my neighbors jealous

Top Bottom