Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: VIDEO : JL JOURNAL - Q&A Tailgate Strength / Current Gear Setting / Auto Stop Start

VIDEO : JL JOURNAL - Q&A Tailgate Strength / Current Gear Setting / Auto Stop Start

Thanks to the great questions that we've been getting on JLWRANGLER.com, WAYALIFE.com and of course, on our WAYALIFE YouTube Channel, Cindy and I decided to start a whole new segment that answers some of these questions and all on video. In this episode, we highlight the JL Wrangler tailgate and show just how much thicker and stronger it is compared to a JK tailgate. We also took measurements to show just how tall a Rubicon model JL is at its highest point and compare it to a standard 7' garage header. Another question we address is how to set the dash on JL equipped with an automatic and to show what gear you're in. And finally, we demonstrate just how easy it is to disable the auto start/stop system on a JL.

We hope you find our JL Journal Q&A session helpful and if you have questions you'd like for us to answer, please let us know.

JL JOURNAL is a WAYALIFE Production with a focus on the all new Jeep JL Wrangler. This YouTube video series will highlight every aspect of our Jeep JL Wrangler and of course, all the adventures that it takes us on. We hope that you'll follow us along on our journey.

Nothing but a Thing Mountainjk10's Avatar
    Only a 4" difference between Jet-Li and Moby. That's amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Mountainjk10 View Post
    Only a 4" difference between Jet-Li and Moby. That's amazing!
    I keep telling people, we have Moby set as low as possible.

I still love my JK, I still love my JK, I still love my JK, I still love my JK, I want a JL, I want a JL, I want a JL.... Dam it!

Quote Originally Posted by TrailHunter View Post
    I still love my JK, I still love my JK, I still love my JK, I still love my JK, I want a JL, I want a JL, I want a JL.... Dam it!

Quote Originally Posted by TrailHunter View Post
    81dwUjAAHBL._UL1500_.jpg
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

the JL has a lot to like about it...and I keep going back to the dealer to look at it!!!

these videos are not helping my Jeep addiction, the 1st step to recovery is to admit you have a problem hahahahaha

Thanks for the info! Safe to assume you were in 5th gear at 3000 then?

2012 Dozer JK
    -Dynatrac PR44/Rubicon Rear
    -Nitto 37” Trail Grapplers
    -Rock Krawler 2.5” Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

2012 Billet Silver JKUR
    -EVO DTD front and rear
    -Dynatrac PR60/PR80
    -EVO High Clearance Long Arm
    -Nitto 40” Trail grapplers
    -KMC Machetes
    -JE Reel 1410/1350 Driveshafts
    -Warn CTI 9.5
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

1975 DJ5

Great video! It’s amazing how much thicker the tailgate is!
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.

October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JK
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assis

jlwrangler.com

The start stop feature does take some getting use to. Have it on my WK2 Trailhawk and I disable it every time. Yes, every time you get in and out of the jeep it resets. Wish there was a way to disable it in the Uconnect settings but there isn’t.

There is also some delay from the engine starting when I take my foot off of the brake to the gas. Not much but to me it is noticeable. Sometimes there is a little shutter when the engine stops and starts again on a quick stop and move.

If the A/C is on start stop will still function. If the cabin temp gets too high above the temp setting the engine will kick on again obviously to get the compressor going again. If the heater is on start stop will still stay off until your foot is let off of the brake.

I like the simplicity of my ‘07 JK but have been spoiled by the WK2 bells and whistles. Nice to know there won’t be too much of a learning curve when I finally get a JL.

Is the owners manual 3/4 of an inch thick? Most of the pages are just for the Uconnect system.

Love the videos. I’ll keep watching.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast