CARB rules can't sell tuners in California???

jkjurny

I've been looking at tuners for a while, mainly for the monitoring features. Not really planning on using the tune itself until my warranty is gone. Anyway, I must have overlooked this, but I'm being told by a couple of manufacturers that they can't even sell into CA. Has this been the case this whole time? One of the vendors mentioned that a new CARB rule came into effect in 2013... Just wanted to see if anyone heard this. Tried Googling and going to the CARB site (that site sucks...).

Thanks!

LoPo

Caught the Bug
I suspect that's just for new sales - vendor/store. I will buy some tuners and resell 'used' and ship for a few bucks on top of the vendor price. ;):clap2:

LoPo

Caught the Bug
Actually a better solution would be to move outta Cali. I did almost 7 years ago. Greatest feeling to move to free America. :cheesy:

Dave_g

Actually a better solution would be to move outta Cali. I did almost 7 years ago. Greatest feeling to move to free America. :cheesy:

Next orders to Washington! Can't wait to get the hell out of Cali. Lived here my whole life, got stationed in San Diego... I just want to get out and go north.

TheDuff

My trail dash has a carb eo number, not sure how they would say they can't sell it in Cali now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

We can sell them in CA, but here is our disclaimer:

IF SALE IN CALIFORNIA
BY THE CALIFORNIA AIR RESOURCES BOARD AND 'MAY
NEVER BE USED UPON A HIGHWAY; FOR RACE USE ONLY.
CUSTOMER ASSUMES THE RISK OF USING THIS PART
INCORRECTLY.'

BTW this goes for any part that has anything to do with the Air Fuel mixture from what I understand.
Basically just unprogam it if you take it in for inspections/Smog/etc. Let me know if I can help you with something.

Bryan

Last edited:

jelliott076

You have to love the People's Repulik of Kalifornia.

Does any one remember the 89 earthquake in San Fran? I was on a plane, traveling thing with my uncle from Oakland, from Houston to North Carolina at the time of that quake. Every one on the plane cheered when the pilot announced it. I got the impression no one really likes our state.

Xodius

Banned
Does any one remember the 89 earthquake in San Fran? I was on a plane, traveling thing with my uncle from Oakland, from Houston to North Carolina at the time of that quake. Every one on the plane cheered when the pilot announced it. I got the impression no one really likes our state.
No THAT is funny. I love the state but hate the politics and laws there.

jkjurny

We can sell them in CA, but here is our disclaimer:

BTW this goes for any part that has anything to do with the Air Fuel mixture from what I understand.
Basically just unprogam it if you take it in for inspections/Smog/etc. Let me know if I can help you with something.

Bryan

So just curious. Is this due to new CARB rules. Are all tinkered impacted now that we're able to be sold last year?

Top Bottom