Pinstriping

Mark54

Hey guys,
New to the forum so I hope this is the right place to put this. I live in Wisconsin and was looking at doing some overlanding on the Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail. One of the things I read while researching the ride was that “pinstriping is inevitable”. Should I be worried about this? Is it inevitable? Any ways to prevent scratches or pinstriping? Anyway to take care of it afterwards? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sahara_Maverick

That's what makes a Jeep a real Jeep!

Mine has lots of them and being black they show even more. Only thing I did was installing a Kargo Master rack to also protect the A pillar from bigger branches that tend to hit it in narrow trails.
Works very well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

longarmwj

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
I usually wash, and put on a heavy coat of wax before hitting the trail. You could also get magnetic covers like these.
https://www.extremeterrain.com/rr-m...=0&gclid=CJHOxKmSmtkCFZLEswodN0IB9w&gclsrc=ds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope you’re joking....

Also way to link a website that blatantly stole Eddies slogan, as well as illegally sold his trademarked JK stickers

I've heard that a good coat of hand wax can prevent pinstriping scratches as well.

And as far as Extreme Turd-rain, yes, they indeed suck huge sweaty hairy donkey balls.

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug
You buy a jeep and don't want a scratch on it. Next time buy a hummer or a fj.. in al seriousness it's hit or miss. Most come out with work and maybe some won't.

Fabio J

Maybe I'm off base, but for a little while there people were using Plasti Dip on their cars to help with pinstripes. I don't know what the cost is or how much it takes to make it look decent, but I was intrigued at one time of being able to do this.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
Maybe I'm off base, but for a little while there people were using Plasti Dip on their cars to help with pinstripes. I don't know what the cost is or how much it takes to make it look decent, but I was intrigued at one time of being able to do this.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

I tried out plasti-dip for a while. Not only did my Jeep look lame, it sucked to take off.. I'll live with my pinstripes, in fact my wife says she likes them. Gives the Jeep some character

Tanktitan

If you were having fun in your Jeep when you got your first pinstripes, over time your you will always remember them fondly. Who want a Jeep that has no scratches or scrapes in the armor?

Top Bottom