Take PRIDE in Your JL Wrangler - Say F@¢K NO to FACE LIFTS!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Because I know it's coming, I'd like to make an impassioned plea to all of you to please take PRIDE in your your Jeep JL Wrangler and more importantly, in its grill. The grill your JL was born with is an AMERICAN ICON with a rich, battle born history dating all the way back to WWII. It is a symbol of all that your JL is and one that Jeep specifically uses a trademarked logo. Every model that came before it had its OWN unique styling and look and that's what make each and everyone of them special. To give your JL a face lift and replace it with angry eyes, a unibrow, a Darth Vader mask or even a grill delete is a lot like replacing the faces on Mount Rushmore with faces from the boy band, New Kids on the Block. In so many ways, your Jeep JL Wrangler is a blank canvas and one designed to be lifted, to run bigger tires, to have different bumpers, rocker guards, fenders and have just about any modification you can think of made to it and to the point where you can barely recognize what it looked like from the factory BUT... so long as you keep it's face intact, it'll always be a Jeep.

My name is Eddie and I am proud to own a JL Wrangler! :usa-flag:

20180205183640-23650400.jpg

jeeeep

Hooked
100% agree!! :usa:

leave the grill alone! @$^$@#@!@!%^$% asswipes that think customizing means changing out the grill.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
👏🤘🍻👍
Very well said Sir! Thankfully someone said something before everyone went crazy with it!

Like I said, I know it's coming but I feel like someone needed to say it. Figured here on my forum, best it comes from me.

100% agree!! :usa:

leave the grill alone! @$^$@#@!@!%^$% asswipes that think customizing means changing out the grill.

LOL!! In all fairness, people who do that might be nice but I have personally found most to be posers or the Jeep thing is just a fad. Real Jeepers, people who have a true love and passion for them and their heritage would never dream of bastardizing their rig with a unibrow or grill delete.

Agreed!! The best grill is a stock grill

Indeed! :thumb:

avstec

Well said, but like you I am afraid we will see our fair share of JLs in the kill it with fire thread in the not so distant future. Here's hoping the disease doesn't spread like wild fire🍺

Sent from my Pixel using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKU007FL

Most people who change the grill also install 24" wheels. I do realize that is their Jeep and their money but I always feel like give them the finger instead of a wave. I know, I'm bad.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Dmac08JK

Most people who change the grill also install 24" wheels. I do realize that is their Jeep and their money but I always feel like give them the finger instead of a wave. I know, I'm bad.

I feel the same way. I was passing by crown this morning and there was a Jeep with 24” wheels and a different grill. It just doesn’t look right.

Sahara_Maverick

Well... just throwing a "monkey wrench" in this topic... if Jeep was so proud of the heritage wouldn't it put a JEEP logo there like in the JK?

Seriously tough, I also do not understand those angry eyes and stuff people put there. 😉

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom