Normal wear for manual tranny???

WJCO

Meme King
Maybe a little excessive but hard to say. Has fluid ever been changed before? If the fluid isn't to expensive, I would say refill it and then check it again in 5k-10k to see how much metal has accumulated.

Rynob79

Pretty normal from my experiences. Especially if it’s gone 80k plus on a change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

desertrunner

That's about what mine looked at at 45k, seemed a little excessive to me at the time too but it's still driving good. Haven't checked it after that yet but I plan to at 50k

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Killroywashere

Had a stick for a few years (jk) as others have said before.. looks rather normal. I would say you are fine. One thing to look out for is excessive brass in your oil also. I make a point to examine the oil that drained out also (I use an open top disposal pan). You don’t want to have too much “gold dust” either.. those are your synchros.

jknikos

The problem with the manual tranny service is the location of the drain bolt! I love jeep engineering :doh:

Note: Just kidding I love my jeep! :D

Bustedback

Mine looked the same after 73k miles. The rear differential was worse, really had to douche it out in order to get the locker to release.

Typed by my very own fat fingers on my iPad or iPhone.

Top Bottom