What to do with a yj?

Wazzier

Hey everyone,

Curious as to everyone’s opinion, just for fun really. I’ve had this Yj for years. Was my last DD. I actually gave it away and got it back recently. Long story.

Anyway, what would you guys do to it if you were in my shoes? Build it, sell it, scrap lol, etc..
95’, 4cyl, 210kms, 2.5 skyjacker lift, tons of other bolt on crap.. I embarrassingly have about 12k Into it over the past 7yrs. (doh)

Fyi, I do not think it is worth a fortune..

FullSizeRender.jpg

Cheers.

Great Pumkin

I’d keep it they are fun to drive. I have a 89 that is fun to bump around in as well. Not to mention I’m pretty sure my son has claimed it as his first ride.

2012 Sahara

Oreo_penguin536

Cummins 4bt, 2j twin turbo swap or if you’re really adventurous get a be diesel and put it in, what I’m planning for mine. Get an engine for 600-1000 bucks but the kit to do it and KEEP your trans is around 5k. But... it is all plug and play 100% I think it even comes with a chip but I can’t verify that atm

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

longarmwj

I’ve always wanted to get an old jeep (either a YJ or FSJ) and do a modern Mopar drivetrain swap. Get a 5.7 crate motor and pair it to either the 8 speed or a 6 speed stick. Tricky swap, but after having a Hemi WK2 for about a year, I was hooked on that 5.7

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TOPLESS

Caught the Bug
Sell it and buy one with round headlights!

Na it would be cool to see some type of small diesel in it

Wazzier

The new Cummins 2.8 would be awesome lol I have a pretty built up TJ so I’ve pretty much decided to sell the Yj (hopefully to a friend so we can go hit trails together lol). Don’t see the reason in owning two that are pretty similar.

Cheers.

Top Bottom