Gobicon 2017 JKU Recon build

Gobicon2017

IMG_0362.JPG
At the dealer 08/17

IMG_2002.JPG
Nice Ariel shot from the drone

IMG_2005.JPG
10/12/17 Brown Santa dropped of my Evo enforcer Pro stage 2 kit.

IMG_2038.JPG
A few days later and gobicon’s ready to go play

IMG_4534.JPG
IMG_4536.JPG IMG_0449.JPG

IMG_2189.JPG
Evo inner fender liners painted to match, I thank they came out great.

Current upgrades include:

Spod se
Traildash 2
arb intensity 21’s
Warn vr10000s
Maximus 3 stinger and winch plate
Smittybuilt co2 tank and mount
AEV rear tire carrier
Rigid dully 2’s diffused
Rigid ignite back up lights
Tom woods front drive shaft
Nitto trail grapplers 35x12.50r17’s
Yukon 4.88 gears
G2 1.5” wheel spacers
JW Speaker tail lights
Cobra 75 w/ fire stick and custom mount
Xptite led mirrors with turn signals
K&N air intake
Pedal commander
Factor 55 ultrahook

I’m sure I’m forgetting some things but I’ll ad em later. I want to say thank you to all have contributed to my build so far. More to come.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Gobicon2017

Also got tired of a couple things that I believe should be an option when ordering a jeep.

1. Interior of hardtop being white
IMG_2450.JPG

So after a week or so it’s now black using 5 cans of dupli-color bed armor.
IMG_2462.JPG
IMG_2466.JPG

Also painted some trim pieces to match while I was in the painting mood.
IMG_2468.JPG

Gobicon2017

And to get all caught up for now is the done right led kit for the back glass of the hardtop. This kit adds so much light to the back and rear area behind the jeep.
IMG_2493.JPG IMG_2494.JPG

Up next is a set of ARB diff covers and a set of Agm coilover sliders to be installed soon

IMG_2534.JPG

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
I've never seen the done right led kit before. It really throws a lot of light, think I'll add it to the list.

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
It’s really nice but I need to wire it to a constant power source. Damm dome lights don’t stay on all the time. [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Yeah I could see that being a pita. I think I remember there being an adjustable timeout for how long they stay on. I think I saw it as an option in the evic, might help a little. If I remembered correctly that is lol

Gobicon2017

How or why do the sliders help?

Had them on for half a day now. Prior to install I would always hear the coils popping, rubbing on the king sliders either by getting coughs up somehow or from trapped debris. Now they are quiet, I haven’t heard them once yet. Just my opinion of course. There also longer which seams to help also.

Gobicon2017

So a few days ago I finally received all the parts for my nitrogen shock fill kit. Picked one up from eBay and sourced a local bottle.

IMG_2550.JPG

Upon lifting each corner to its full extension, I found all shocks were at different pressures from evo mfg. ranges were from 120 to 140. Trying all at 175 now.

First impression is that they seam to soak up some of the road bumps better. We’ll see once I get it off the beaten path again.

KICKROX

I'm liking the build so far.. good job. I guess I'll pick up some of those AGM coilovers sliders now. I've heard good things about them. Getting my coilover's soon, getting them powder coated Red when I get them.

KICKROX

Hope the powder coat doesn't screw up your springs

Do you think so? I've seen multiple vids of people doing them including King Shocks themselves. I did call the local place here doing the powder coating and they too say they've done quite a few springs for other off-roader's. I'm all ears if you think it's not a good idea and why that may be.

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
Do you think so? I've seen multiple vids of people doing them including King Shocks themselves. I did call the local place here doing the powder coating and they too say they've done quite a few springs for other off-roader's. I'm all ears if you think it's not a good idea and why that may be.

If they know what they're doing, there's no problem, but baking the powder coat can weaken the springs if the temp is too high.

Top Bottom