Lifted JL vs Lifted JK Size Comparo

longarmwj

Had the Rugged Ridge JLUR Park next to me at a car meet this morning. This JL is running a set of 1.75 inch spacers and is riding on 37s. It sits just as high as my JK on 4 inch and 37s. The rep who was driving it said that a JL will only need 4-4.5 inches of lift to clear 40s [emoji15]
IMG_0954.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
If it clears 37’s with 1.75” how would it need an additional 3” to clear 40’s? That doesn’t make sense. You can clear 40’s with 3.5”-4” on a JK.

longarmwj

If it clears 37’s with 1.75” how would it need an additional 3” to clear 40’s? That doesn’t make sense. You can clear 40’s with 3.5”-4” on a JK.

I think he was referring to providing enough room for full articulation without cutting or trimming anything.

Then again it is rugged ridge so they’re probably more focused on making the next spartan grill verses actual off-road enhancements

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Were you talking to Patrick? 1.75" is not a lot of lift especially when Jeep is saying that you'll need 2" to clear 35's without any rubbing. Looking at the JL my service manager at Carson City Jeep has running a Mopar 2" lift and 35's, it's super close to the fenders at a full stuff. But then, I think back spacing will make a big difference.

Parks34

They may not have enough room for articulation, but it's rigged ridge, the closest to offroading that think will probably ever see is a beach for a photo shoot

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
There's no lift. They spacers are on the wheels. They make it wider

You know this for a fact? Looking at this pic, I see a LOT of space between the tire and the fender - about as much as I see on my bone stock JL Rubicon... maybe more.

IMG_0954.jpg

longarmwj

There's no lift. They spacers are on the wheels. They make it wider

No it was for sure spring spacers because he made specific mention of how such little lift allowed clearance for the tires.

And Eddie, I’m not sure who I spoke with. I didn’t catch his name. He was a very very tall heavy set gentleman. Super friendly guy.

Top Bottom