No need to ban me, I'll see myself out

Bquay20

BeQueer20
The best advice I ever got was to take it wheeling two or three times before you start draining your bank account. See what El Jeepo can do with what it already has, see what you're even into when it comes to wheeling, and see what you want it to do that it can't yet do. The caveat to this is don't go flying solo when you do it, if only to make sure you don't end up in over your head on a trail you can't handle yet and you end up getting stuck.

It helps you make decisions about upgrades based on what you're actually going to do with it. Rock crawlers want different stuff than guys who go mudding who want different stuff than guys who are into overlanding. Larger tires and a lift are always a safe place to start if you really feel like your really HAVE to burn a hole in your wallet.

A safe start for all that is a lift in the 2-3 inch range with tires in the 33-35 range. Wrangler forum has a pretty good thread on a basic 'starter pack' of parts to buy and install. If I remember correctly, it was a teraflex 2.5 lift, without the shocks, Rancho 5000 or 9000 shocks, Rancho Geomotry correction brackets, and one or two other things. I'll see if I can help you dig it up as soon as the kiddo is asleep. While you're at it, you could do a bolt replacement on all the control arms and the trackbars if you're planning on doing it yourself.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Originally posted here:
https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/51735-Advice-First-upgrades-should-be

J

JKDream

A safe start for all that is a lift in the 2-3 inch range with tires in the 33-35 range. Wrangler forum has a pretty good thread on a basic 'starter pack' of parts to buy and install. If I remember correctly, it was a teraflex 2.5 lift, without the shocks, Rancho 5000 or 9000 shocks, Rancho Geomotry correction brackets, and one or two other things. I'll see if I can help you dig it up as soon as the kiddo is asleep. While you're at it, you could do a bolt replacement on all the control arms and the trackbars if you're planning on doing it yourself.

tenor.png

Good luck...

Bquay20

BeQueer20
That was the first thing I did to mine back when I first started adding to it, and it was a solo project. It took an entire weekend, but it's doable. Research what you need to do first, make sure you have the right tools or you're somewhere that can provide all those tools for you, and work efficiently...It was 2 full days of wrenching on it, but it was absolutely doable and definitely worth it. That was actually the most fun/rewarding experience I've had yet working on it.

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Wrangler forum has a pretty good thread on a basic 'starter pack' of parts to buy and install. If I remember correctly, it was a teraflex 2.5 lift....

I know you're trying to help, but this forum, Wayalife, is paid for out of the owners' pockets and they are generous enough to let you use it for free. Out of respect for them, please don't direct members to other forums. With that being said, there is PLENTY of information here about lifts, tires, and gear.

And as far as Teraflex, I wouldn't wish that shit on my worst enemy.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wrangler forum has a pretty good thread on a basic 'starter pack' of parts to buy and install. If I remember correctly, it was a teraflex 2.5 lift, without the shocks, Rancho 5000 or 9000 shocks, Rancho Geomotry correction brackets, and one or two other things. I'll see if I can help you dig it up as soon as the kiddo is asleep. While you're at it, you could do a bolt replacement on all the control arms and the trackbars if you're planning on doing it yourself.

Here's a thought, rather than directing people to a multi-billion dollar corporate forum, how about you just share what you remember or dig up whatever it is you think is people might find useful and post it up. You know, out of respect for my wife and I if nothing else. Thank you. :rolleyes2:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
The best advice I ever got was to take it wheeling two or three times before you start draining your bank account. See what El Jeepo can do with what it already has, see what you're even into when it comes to wheeling, and see what you want it to do that it can't yet do. The caveat to this is don't go flying solo when you do it, if only to make sure you don't end up in over your head on a trail you can't handle yet and you end up getting stuck.

It helps you make decisions about upgrades based on what you're actually going to do with it. Rock crawlers want different stuff than guys who go mudding who want different stuff than guys who are into overlanding. Larger tires and a lift are always a safe place to start if you really feel like your really HAVE to burn a hole in your wallet.

Better yet, how about you don’t share horrible information. Teraflex is garbage. You don’t need correction brackets with a budget boost and replacing the factory bolts is a complete waste of money and stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Advice, First upgrades should be?

Wrangler forum has a pretty good thread on a basic 'starter pack' of parts to buy and install. If I remember correctly, it was a teraflex 2.5 lift, without the shocks, Rancho 5000 or 9000 shocks, Rancho Geomotry correction brackets, and one or two other things. I'll see if I can help you dig it up as soon as the kiddo is asleep. While you're at it, you could do a bolt replacement on all the control arms and the trackbars if you're planning on doing it yourself.

This is about the worst advice anyone could give and all the more reason to distance yourself from the wisdom found on wrangler forum. Really, buy a terrorflex lift and Rancho shocks separate? No - A much better and more cost effective solution would be to buy the Rancho 2” Sport Lift. The kit comes with 5000 or 9000 shocks, variable rate springs and everything else for less than $500. And why would you recommend replacing control arm and track bar bolts as a first mod? Do the OP a favor and stop giving advice!

Last edited:

CrazyTrainJK

Caught the Bug
I agree with others on here. Before spending money decide what you want to do with your Jeep, dirt roads, rocks, mud or mall crawler. At that point wheel it stock and talk to others in your area. It has taken me 3 years but I have finally ordered my lift kit. This forum is a great place for information and very truthful reviews on parts. Search and learn. Good looking Willys by the way :thumb:

longarmwj

So disrespect to Eddie AND shitty advice all wrapped up into one. What ever would we do without your fantastic contributions?

Bquay20

BeQueer20
Here's a thought, rather than directing people to a multi-billion dollar corporate forum, how about you just share what you remember or dig up whatever it is you think is people might find useful and post it up. You know, out of respect for my wife and I if nothing else. Thank you. :rolleyes2:
Uh...sorry you get butthurt when people get directed to other sources of information...that wasn't the intent. I'm also failing to see how saying that another forum may be useful to a new keeper is disrespecting you and your wife. And I did share what little information my tint pea brain could remember, and I also offered to dig that link up for him but I have a life outside of jeeping that gets in the way sometimes.

As for the negativity towards the teraflex suspension kits, it's been a great product for me and I have no complaints with it. I've actually never really seen such a concentration of negative opinions about the product line. If you guys know something the rest of the world doesn't, why not spread that info?

Guess I pissed everyone off here and woke them up on the wrong side of the bed on a Sunday morning, sorry about that. Next time I'll come bearing gifts. 🤷🏼*♂️

WJCO

Meme King
Uh...sorry you get butthurt when people get directed to other sources of information...that wasn't the intent. I'm also failing to see how saying that another forum may be useful to a new keeper is disrespecting you and your wife. And I did share what little information my tint pea brain could remember, and I also offered to dig that link up for him but I have a life outside of jeeping that gets in the way sometimes.

As for the negativity towards the teraflex suspension kits, it's been a great product for me and I have no complaints with it. I've actually never really seen such a concentration of negative opinions about the product line. If you guys know something the rest of the world doesn't, why not spread that info?

Guess I pissed everyone off here and woke them up on the wrong side of the bed on a Sunday morning, sorry about that. Next time I'll come bearing gifts. 🤷🏼*♂️

Fuck off. You have no respect.

Clutch

Caught the Bug

Wow, just wow. You can leave now.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Uh...sorry you get butthurt when people get directed to other sources of information...

Uh... it would seem that I am the one who need to apologize to you for getting sand in your vagina.

...that wasn't the intent.

Of course it wasn't. Clearly, you were "just trying to help". :rolleyes2:

I'm also failing to see how saying that another forum may be useful to a new keeper is disrespecting you and your wife. And I did share what little information my tint pea brain could remember...

Umm, yeah. Of course, you fail to see how it's disrespectful. As you put it, your tiny pea for a brain can't figure it out. :idontknow:

...and I also offered to dig that link up for him but I have a life outside of jeeping that gets in the way sometimes.

That's good to hear. Perhaps you should spend your life there. :yup:

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/37869-Teraflex-Bad-rep-for-a-reason-or-isolated-cases
https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/4740-TeraFlex-Hinged-Tire-Carrier-Break
https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/4743-TeraFlex-Long-Arm-Bracket-Break
https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/5169-TeraFlex-Front-Track-Bar-Breaks

Just to point out a few.

Pot, say hello to kettle.

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug

I smell a troll

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

Here’s an idea. Go back to your other forums, and stay there.

WJCO

Meme King
I will give this guy props for successfully merging the words "queer" and "gay" to complete his username. A+ for creativity :thumb:

Bquay20

BeQueer20
Uh... it would seem that I am the one who need to apologize to you for getting sand in your vagina.

Of course it wasn't. Clearly, you were "just trying to help". :rolleyes2:

Umm, yeah. Of course, you fail to see how it's disrespectful. As you put it, your tiny pea for a brain can't figure it out. :idontknow:

That's good to hear. Perhaps you should spend your life there. :yup:

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/37869-Teraflex-Bad-rep-for-a-reason-or-isolated-cases
https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/4740-TeraFlex-Hinged-Tire-Carrier-Break
https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/4743-TeraFlex-Long-Arm-Bracket-Break
https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/5169-TeraFlex-Front-Track-Bar-Breaks

Just to point out a few.

Pot, say hello to kettle.
So instead of the forum owner trying to be polite and welcome new guys into the fold and politely say 'Hey man, there's a lot of misinformation in other forums, glad to see you made it to the promised land though!' He tells the new guy that referencing another forum is somehow disrespectful to both him and his wife.

He then proceeds to insult me after I apologize and say I'm confused why there's a need to apologize and how i offended him or his wife.

No need to ban me, I'll see myself out. 24djap.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So instead of the forum owner trying to be polite and welcome new guys into the fold and politely say 'Hey man, there's a lot of misinformation in other forums, glad to see you made it to the promised land though!' He tells the new guy that referencing another forum is somehow disrespectful to both him and his wife.

So, instead of the new guy trying to be polite and just saying, "I apologize for being disrespectful", you double down, get up on your self-righteous high horse and proceed tell the owner of this forum how he should be running it. :thumb:

He then proceeds to insult me after I apologize and say I'm confused why there's a need to apologize and how i offended him or his wife.

:cheesy: Funny, didn't realize that was supposed to be an apology. Judging from what others have responded with, neither did they.

No need to ban me, I'll see myself out.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass as you leave. :standing wave:

Top Bottom