Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The never-ending 'wave' discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleHayes519 View Post
    I wave to every Wrangler I see, except YJ's. Wrangler = circle headlights, not square. I've always said YJ stands for 'yuppie jeep' for some odd reason.
    Haters gonna hate. YJ was the first Jeep to be called a Wrangler. I think Jeep made the headlights square for the one model just to watch jeepers tear each other apart.

Awkward Jeep Wave?

When I first bought my 2011 Jeep I didn't know about the wave. I quickly realized its a Jeep thing! I always wave. I figure that the people who don't wave either don't get it or don't love their Jeep as much we do! Like, I tell my wife "I make new Jeep friends everyday."
    Just Empty Every Pocket

Haha, when I am driving the soon to be wife's "Hybrid" she makes fun of me because I always look at the other Jeeps like I am going to wave but I cant...
    2013 Commando Green JKR
    2.5" Rock Krawler Max Travel

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BAMFR View Post
    My biggest thing is fellow Jeepers not waving back......when they dont, I yell, FUQ UUU then!!!!!
    Haha i do the same no jk's ever wave here where i live only forum members but i do get waves from tj's even some yj!
    I still wave at modded jk's

Awkward Jeep Wave?

Quote Originally Posted by JK&Beyond View Post
    Haters gonna hate. YJ was the first Jeep to be called a Wrangler. I think Jeep made the headlights square for the one model just to watch jeepers tear each other apart.
    Seems reasonable. Haha. I've just never in my life understood the square headlights. Some people love, some hate it. I just happen to be one who doesn't like it. In my opinion, they changed away from square headlights for a reason.
    '04 Wrangler Unlimited
    Broke college student looking for knowledge in the offroad world to apply in my future rigs. (When I actually have money to put into rigs)
    Red Sox fan

Fresh Catch
    I wave to every Wrangler I see, except YJ's. Wrangler = circle headlights, not square. I've always said YJ stands for 'yuppie jeep' for some odd reason. I'll occasionally drive my moms minivan (embarrassing enough as is) and wave to a Jeep and think, DOH! But more often than not I get the ugly looks from people thinking who the hell is this kid.

Why the hate for the YJ brother? you do know the YJ was the FIRST wrangler. Now if you had said Circle = jeep, I would have to agree with you, I don't know why chrysler had to F up that part of it. I still love my little YJ, love at first sight. it took me a couple of years of dating to fall in love with my JKU.

Seems reasonable. Haha. I've just never in my life understood the square headlights. Some people love, some hate it. I just happen to be one who doesn't like it. In my opinion, they changed away from square headlights for a reason.
    I don't prefer squares, but I've grown to like them. But I agree, why the heck did they randomly give them squares?? Maybe just for Jurrassic Park? lol

Jurassic.jpg

Awkward Jeep Wave?

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerjeepguy View Post
    Why the hate for the YJ brother? you do know the YJ was the FIRST wrangler. Now if you had said Circle = jeep, I would have to agree with you, I don't know why chrysler had to F up that part of it. I still love my little YJ, love at first sight. it took me a couple of years of dating to fall in love with my JKU.

Yes I do know the YJ was the first Wrangler. But also, I'm not even 20 years old. So for me when I first started getting into Jeeps, the TJ had circle headlights. That's probably the main reason I dislike the YJ. Don't get me wrong, if the YJ didn't have the square headlights I'd love them. It's just a matter of what I grew up with.
    '04 Wrangler Unlimited
    Broke college student looking for knowledge in the offroad world to apply in my future rigs. (When I actually have money to put into rigs)
    Red Sox fan

At least we don't drive FJ's with round headlights. Haha. Take the good with the bad.

It's just a matter of what I grew up with.
    I grew up with a YJ. So it may be an upbringing thing. But there's one thing we know it is for sure...a way of life.

Awkward Jeep Wave?

I've waved actually just jogging down the street. Got a wave back!!!

Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast